• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,929
  • Days Won:  12

Don't blame you. And while I felt bad this season giving more to academics than athletics, I feel completely vindicated right now. I am ready to support when I feel like the university is ready to chart a path towards success.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,703
  • Days Won:  6

I will renew my tickets to keep my seats, but if Charlie is back next year, I will donate my tickets to charity.  No reason for me to travel an hour to and from RJS just to watch more uninspired football from a Charlie Strong coached team.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, FazaUSF said:

The school would look bad of we fire CCS before the end of the 3rd season (see: FSU). However, we will hemorrhage fans and goodwill until Strong is gone and the ship is righted. A decade of this idiocy since the foolish decision to fire Leavitt has led to the demise of USF's football reputation. The brief success of CWT led to no major bowl games, no conference championships, and only a rep as a stepping stone. I believe in Michael Kelly, but I also believe this next hire is the last time I will consider myself close to the program if it goes poorly. My heart can't take the constant beatdowns any more. 

We look way worse than FSU. Did Taggart even have a full recruiting class there? Different situation. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

3 minutes ago, USFRaider said:

I will renew my tickets to keep my seats, but if Charlie is back next year, I will donate my tickets to charity.  No reason for me to travel an hour to and from RJS just to watch more uninspired football from a Charlie Strong coached team.

I feel you! I drive up from Miami for every home game, and keep my tailgate gear in a storage unit. And keep asking myself WHYYYYYYY

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

1 minute ago, FazaUSF said:

I feel you! I drive up from Miami for every home game, and keep my tailgate gear in a storage unit. And keep asking myself WHYYYYYYY

This feeling sucks doesn’t it? My wife and I were talking on the way home. I was mentioning how I haven’t missed a home game in over 15 years, but have gotten to the point it’s not fun anymore. I’m a teacher and she’s a social worker...so we don’t have a lot of money to spend on entertainment. We used to get a lot of enjoyment out of going to USF football games. Now we are thinking a vacation would be a better use of our money until USF decides to get serious about football. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

4 hours ago, FazaUSF said:

I wish I lived close enough to have that opportunity each weekend during the Fall. At the same time Brandon, this time period in Bulls football feels like a nurse is attempting to draw blood and they keep missing the vein their attempting to hit. We are pretty poorly coached presently. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,320
  • Days Won:  10

11 minutes ago, Joe said:

Coaching is one thing (it's bad), but the bigger issue is the lack of commitment to the program. It's just comical at this point. We lack an indoor practice facility. We lack a football facility, one that has had a targeted groundbreaking changed a couple times. Our players are sharing weight rooms with other student athletes. We lack so much of what other schools can offer.

While that might seem like a silly thing to be concerned about, it's what other schools can provide. We're competing with UCF, Mississippi State, NC State, Arkansas, FAU, etc for the same pool of Florida recruits and we lack so many selling points. This in turn leads to the talent level being average.

This school lacks a commitment to football, and has for some time. It's so much more than firing and hiring a coach. It's so much more than pointing at Raymond James and telling recruits the Bucs play there. It's an department wide commitment, and we've lacked it for a long long time. It's not getting better until they get together and make a commitment to changing that.

Just shut the freaking program down if we aren't serious about it.  It's really time to decide if we are serious about this as a university.  If not, shut it down and stop the bullsht.  People are getting salaries that would make me have to revise my whole budget and are producing a 'product' that is so bad, it is driving die hard fans away.  I don't like doing things half-@ssed, so if all of these people that I am helping have a more financially secure future than the fans don't produce, we need to pick up the torches and pitchforks and let them know we are serious before there is no "we" left.  Attach a handle on the whole athletics administration and flush until the water is clear.

image.png.3535180d5c168c99305332f42ec0008e.png