• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Charlie 2020

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,250
  • Days Won:  1

If CCS couldn’t win at Texas with basically unlimited resources he won’t win anywhere. CCS hasn’t recovered from losing his best recruiter Hurtt 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,934
  • Days Won:  38

19 hours ago, hm101 said:

Didn't Collin write that big changes are coming? Where are those big changes? 

I went from being dead inside to risky behavior.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286

6 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Rygol and Rodemaker are two different levels of players. We have another QB coming in named Jordan Smith that  is explosive as well. I'm good with the talent we have. If we fire CCS and his staff then we may lose most of our current recruiting class and I like who we have coming in. 

As recently as the ECU game, I mentioned that I'm OK with Charlie & Co. coming back next season. I thought enough improvement was made on offense that it might end up working here if we could ever get the passing game going. Seems like there will always be a learning curve though with incoming Offensive Lineman and this offense, and that it could take until next year or even beyond for it to really reach it's potential here. I'll still be interested next year if Charlie/Bell are retained, but with people bolting an already small fanbase, there will obviously be pressure on Kelly to do something.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

9 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

As recently as the ECU game, I mentioned that I'm OK with Charlie & Co. coming back next season. I thought enough improvement was made on offense that it might end up working here if we could ever get the passing game going. Seems like there will always be a learning curve though with incoming Offensive Lineman and this offense, and that it could take until next year or even beyond for it to really reach it's potential here. I'll still be interested next year if Charlie/Bell are retained, but with people bolting an already small fanbase, there will obviously be pressure on Kelly to do something.

I only see further deterioration next year, we will never have a serviceable offensive line or a pro style game, that is not who we are, recruiting will continue to struggle and we will continue to move backwards.  We can’t afford to fire the ass clown we have yet we cannot afford to keep him either.  This is the proverbial rock and a hard place, damned either way, it sucks to suck, but we are who we are so Go Bulls, whatever 

17 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

I only see further deterioration next year, we will never have a serviceable offensive line or a pro style game, that is not who we are, recruiting will continue to struggle and we will continue to move backwards.  We can’t afford to fire the ass clown we have yet we cannot afford to keep him either.  This is the proverbial rock and a hard place, damned either way, it sucks to suck, but we are who we are so Go Bulls, whatever 

I can't really argue with any of that. One week I think we're turning the corner on offense, then the following week it seems we're light-years away. As far as the Temple game, I think Jennings was  absolutely the guy we could least afford to lose. He is probably the best of a very average OL, and we are painfully thin at that position. Nine sacks speaks for itself. 

Just throwing this out there....but, if we were to bring Taggart back, would FSU be paying his salary for us, kind of like Texas did with Charlie for the first couple years? Being that we are tight on money, and Charlie will be expensive to buy out, should we go that route, maybe bringing Willie back makes sense. I doubt we have many options...

Edited by USFBulls727

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

You give me so much to live for....

4 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I can't really argue with any of that. One week I think we're turning the corner on offense, then the following week it seems we're light-years away. As far as the Temple game, I think Jennings was  absolutely the guy we could least afford to lose. He is probably the best of a very average OL, and we are painfully thin at that position. Nine sacks speaks for itself. 

Just throwing this out there....but, if we were to bring Taggart back, would FSU be paying his salary for us, kind of like Texas did with Charlie for the first couple years? Being that we are tight on money, and Charlie will be expensive to buy out, should we go that route, maybe bringing Willie back makes sense. I doubt we have many options...

Retread that has already shot his wad on the tail end of his career is a terrible idea, been there and done that.  Cheaper to keep her, CWT ain’t going to work for free, rather sit on his ass and collect his due, same as Charlie, 2 peas in a pod. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You give me so much to live for....

Reality bites........good news is we don’t live forever

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Retread that has already shot his wad on the tail end of his career is a terrible idea, been there and done that.  Cheaper to keep her, CWT ain’t going to work for free, rather sit on his ass and collect his due, same as Charlie, 2 peas in a pod. 

I can't  get too involved in debating this, because I really don't know what our options are...or what we can afford. Texas, from what I understand, helped to pay Charlie for us the first couple of years. Thought maybe it would work the same with Taggs. I'm guessing we'll have very little money to throw around if we decide to buy Charlie out. Shaun King maybe? That shouldn't come with a huge price tag...

Edited by USFBulls727

4 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I can't  get too involved in debating this, because I really don't know what our options are...or what we can afford. Texas, from what I understand, helped to pay Charlie for us the first couple of years. Thought maybe it would work the same with Taggs. I'm guessing we'll have very little money to throw around if we decide to buy Charlie out. Shaun King maybe? That shouldn't come with a huge price tag...

Texas  paid 8.5 mill of the first 2 years for Charlie and we paid only 1.5... however Charlie only agreed to that if we guaranteed 12.5 over the last 3 yrs, ain’t nothing for free even signing a d-bag like Charlie, even losers have a price.