• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

MBB vs Arkansas Pine Bluff

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,776
  • Days Won:  6

We out talented APB tonight. Doesn’t feel like we should have won by 30 but here we are. We will miss Yetna but this is still a quality team and will still have a good season. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Going to need more vs BC on Sunday but this is a nice start to the season, 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Rideau brought his D- game and still no issues. This defense is really good, APB is really bad and this team is really deep.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Great start for the Bulls and the AAC as a whole, going 7-0 on the night. Going to be a tough and deep conference. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  581
  • Content Count:  22,611
  • Days Won:  108

I saw a lot of last year's issues.  Shooting from both the field and FT line.  Missed 12 or so FTs.  Didn't get FG % to 33% until Collins dunk with 4 minutes to go.  We look lost vs the zone.  Any team that comes out and doesn't play zone should fire their coach.  

I don't remember who the guy is that raved about Zach Dawson but he looked lost out there for the most part.  Only 1 game but he did practice with the team all of last year.  Mack looks like, well, a Mack truck.  Big solid kid and should develop over time.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,604
  • Content Count:  74,207
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I don't remember who the guy is that raved about Zach Dawson but he looked lost out there for the most part.  Only 1 game but he did practice with the team all of last year.

He played in Canada and got rave reviews. MCL injury late in the last game up there and still working through that looks like ...

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I saw a lot of last year's issues.  Shooting from both the field and FT line.  Missed 12 or so FTs.  Didn't get FG % to 33% until Collins dunk with 4 minutes to go.  We look lost vs the zone.  Any team that comes out and doesn't play zone should fire their coach.  

I don't remember who the guy is that raved about Zach Dawson but he looked lost out there for the most part.  Only 1 game but he did practice with the team all of last year.  Mack looks like, well, a Mack truck.  Big solid kid and should develop over time.

All of last year Dawson was on the scout team. So, yes, he did practice with the team but he was playing the role of the shooting guard for USF's opponents. Both redshirt players were on the scout team last year. If I had to guess I'd say last season's scout team was Lubin (walk-on), Dawson (redshirt), Akec (redshirt), Calleja (walk-on), Scekic (stiff).

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I really liked the small lineup with Collins/Rideau, Castaneda, Dawson, Brown and a big guy. That has the potential to cause havoc and turnovers. If only we could make our layups and FTs.

Guest Jonesy Bull
1 hour ago, Fold FB Invest in BB said:

I really liked the small lineup with Collins/Rideau, Castaneda, Dawson, Brown and a big guy. That has the potential to cause havoc and turnovers. If only we could make our layups and FTs.

I hope the FT issue was just a case of first game jitters and not a trend.  ****, we really need to get that straightened out this year, as I see a lot of close games in conference where Free throws will be key (as it usually is).

Once Zach gets healthy and if Kiir can get his issues straightened out and come back strong that will bode well.  With Yetna out, we really need all the big men to really step up.

I like this Mack kid, and I think Zach will be a player once healthy.  CBG still has options, we could still be pretty good this year.