• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ugh!!! Bulls will also be without Kiir!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

On 11/7/2019 at 9:43 PM, GaUSFBull said:

Lol ... Most of my posts came within the first 6 or 7 years I was here, Mr. May 2019.  There's more to life than Bulls sports, at least for me.  I'm more casual these days by choice.

If I'm part of your biggest travesty, count your blessings, you either have an incredibly easy life or you live your life far from the edge.  

I'm officially in the @GaUSFBull camp. Life has always been in the way of being a full-bore supporter, but it's been increasingly easier to go in that direction with little to no reservations about what I'm missing. I've been to 3 football games this year and 1 MBB game and it gets harder and harder to justify the time and dollar expense when my kids are looking at the scoreboard before half-time and saying "We're not going to win, are we?" Add to that the doom and gloom on here (some justified, some just a lot of ******** and recycling threads about fire CCS, we want xCJL) and I can see myself disappearing for long stretches of disconnect with our athletics program. In a typical season, I'd hit a handful of football games, MBB, a few men's soccer, and a half-dozen baseball games. I used to be able to watch those, come here and converse, and enjoy the connection, but it's getting REALLY difficult to juggle fandom with life and I guess what I'm most sad about is that I don't mind.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

I'm officially in the @GaUSFBull camp. Life has always been in the way of being a full-bore supporter, but it's been increasingly easier to go in that direction with little to no reservations about what I'm missing. I've been to 3 football games this year and 1 MBB game and it gets harder and harder to justify the time and dollar expense when my kids are looking at the scoreboard before half-time and saying "We're not going to win, are we?" Add to that the doom and gloom on here (some justified, some just a lot of ******** and recycling threads about fire CCS, we want xCJL) and I can see myself disappearing for long stretches of disconnect with our athletics program. In a typical season, I'd hit a handful of football games, MBB, a few men's soccer, and a half-dozen baseball games. I used to be able to watch those, come here and converse, and enjoy the connection, but it's getting REALLY difficult to juggle fandom with life and I guess what I'm most sad about is that I don't mind.

Good points throughout. I think one of the aspects is where people are in life. I am single, have two kids in college, have summers off, and a month off in the winter (though I have to research, write and publish in that time). But as I get older I do find myself saying relative to USF sports “there has got to be more to life than this”. Of course I’ve always know the answer to this is yes, but USF athletics (especially football) has been an identified aspect of myself. My students, family, and friends all know this and think of me when they hear something about USF football. Sad...but true. Collectively I have over thirty USF shirts/hoodies/socks/flip flops/hats/ties (all of which I wear). I stop myself sometime and say “really...is it that important?” Of course at the same time I spend an ungodly amount of my time on this board conversing with you five folks.I have no idea how long or how much I will follow USF athletics but I do know this: When the football team wins it brightens my whole week, even with most of the country could give ****, and that may be the major reason I keep coming back for more. But I don’t know if it’s something that will be a part of the rest of my life. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Like 2

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

I guess I'm in the same boat. The wife switched cable providers, and I miss many of the games due to the channel line-up she chose, and I never even bothered paying for the extra sports channels.  I usually watch the replay on YouTube. I live in Clearwater right near the Courtney Campbell, and have only made it to one game this year (Wisconsin), and have no plans on going to another. In the past I would go to Selmon's, Glory Days, or somewhere else to catch the games, and I don't even bother with that anymore. This is the least interested I've been in USF football. I remember somebody starting a thread at the beginning of last season titled, "The Thrill is Gone". Should have revived that thread to add the last few posts there.

Just curious, other than life getting in the way, is it Charlie and the lackluster results that has you not really giving a poop anymore? Is it the G5 thing? I know that somebody here constantly belabors the point that we're in an absolute garbage, meaningless conference....maybe you've finally bought into that? Whatever it is, I can relate to most of the last two posts.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

I hate to bring this thread back on topic but I noticed Kiir wasn't on the bench yesterday. I wonder what was different between Tuesday night and yesterday that would've caused him to not be with the team.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, &rew Bull said:

I hate to bring this thread back on topic but I noticed Kiir wasn't on the bench yesterday. I wonder what was different between Tuesday night and yesterday that would've caused him to not be with the team.

I inquired and, of course, got no answer.  Asked about academics and although I didn't get an answer I got the feeling that it wasn't that.  Only coach and the player(s) know.

26 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I inquired and, of course, got no answer.  Asked about academics and although I didn't get an answer I got the feeling that it wasn't that.  Only coach and the player(s) know.

Starting to think we need to be prepared that he won't return or if he does it will be at the start of the new year...ugh transfers...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

On 11/7/2019 at 8:43 PM, GaUSFBull said:

Lol ... Most of my posts came within the first 6 or 7 years I was here, Mr. May 2019.  There's more to life than Bulls sports, at least for me.  I'm more casual these days by choice.

If I'm part of your biggest travesty, count your blessings, you either have an incredibly easy life or you live your life far from the edge.  

I guess I am becoming more casual as well due to the lousy product.  I was having a little fun at your expense but agree more to life then this **** show.  

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

On 11/11/2019 at 1:42 AM, USFBulls727 said:

is it Charlie and the lackluster results that has you not really giving a poop anymore?

THIS↑ ↑ ↑  For me the appearance of don't give a crap from the top down. That BS about "Keep Calm and Play to Your Strengths"? He has no clue and appears to not care about even finding our strengths. Week in and week out it's the same boring crap.

Want some excitement and enthusiasm? Come watch the Lady BULLS tonight.

What has this got to do with Kiir? 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

What has this got to do with Kiir? 

Every thread on TBP is now just camouflage for the eventual "fire CCS!" discussion to show up.