• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Accountant’s 2 cents

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

We will lose the last three games. How do I know? Because I am not drinking alcohol. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We will lose the last three games. How do I know? Because I am not drinking alcohol. 

Also not drinking. I never said we would win, I said we could win if those 2 things happen. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

Also not drinking. I never said we would win, I said we could win if those 2 things happen. 

I hope you are right

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

1 hour ago, TheAccountant said:

I’m early, and my opinion may change after today’s slate of games. But here we go. 

The highlight of this season for USF has been our defense when they show up (see GT, SC State, UConn, BYU, ECU, and temple). The defensive stats in those 6 games are as follows:

1. 19 points per game - 18th in the nation
  2. 335 yards per game - 29th in the nation
  3. 196 Pass yards per game - 35th in the nation
  4. 139 Rush Yards per Game - 45th in the nation
  5. 3 turnovers per game - 1st in the nation
  6. 10 Tackles for Loss per game – 1st in the nation
  7. 3 sacks per game – 23rd in the nation

At times, the defense does give up big plays and is not very consistent, but the stats above don’t lie. When they show up, they are darn good compared to the defenses USF has been putting out for the last couple of years. The unfortunate thing is that we lose a lot of the defense to graduation (Reaves, Livingstone, Macon, Studstill). So for everyone saying that we need to raid the portal in the off-season for offensive players, keep in mind our defense will also be lacking depth. 

I stand beside my statement that Mickey Mouse Community College is 💩 (see Tulane). It is still possible to make a bowl game if 2 things happen. 

1. Offensive line shows up and we rush for 200 yards or more (Team is 18-1 under strong when it rushes for 200 or more)
  2. Defense shows up and has a stat line along the stats listed above in the 6 games they have shown up

If both of those 2 things happen, I can see us squeaking out a close one at home verse Memphis and taking it to a defeated and discouraged UCF. I have already written off Cincy as a loss since they look like the most complete team in the conference.

What are the stats if you exclude SCS? CURIOUS

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

I’m not home, so I don’t have my spreadsheet but they would definitely change. But if we exclude scs from our stats, and excluded the other fbs teams layup games the standings would be about the same 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

OT: Welcome back MikeG. black and white thumbs up GIF by Laurène Boglio

Edited by Azmodi

Guest Jonesy Bull
6 hours ago, Azmodi said:

OT: Welcome back MikeG. black and white thumbs up GIF by Laurène Boglio

Yay Mike G is back!  Hope you are feeling better 

Something good is happening for a change.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

20 hours ago, TheAccountant said:

I’m early, and my opinion may change after today’s slate of games. But here we go. 

The highlight of this season for USF has been our defense when they show up (see GT, SC State, UConn, BYU, ECU, and temple). The defensive stats in those 6 games are as follows:

1. 19 points per game - 18th in the nation
  2. 335 yards per game - 29th in the nation
  3. 196 Pass yards per game - 35th in the nation
  4. 139 Rush Yards per Game - 45th in the nation
  5. 3 turnovers per game - 1st in the nation
  6. 10 Tackles for Loss per game – 1st in the nation
  7. 3 sacks per game – 23rd in the nation

At times, the defense does give up big plays and is not very consistent, but the stats above don’t lie. When they show up, they are darn good compared to the defenses USF has been putting out for the last couple of years. The unfortunate thing is that we lose a lot of the defense to graduation (Reaves, Livingstone, Macon, Studstill). So for everyone saying that we need to raid the portal in the off-season for offensive players, keep in mind our defense will also be lacking depth. 

I stand beside my statement that Mickey Mouse Community College is 💩 (see Tulane). It is still possible to make a bowl game if 2 things happen. 

1. Offensive line shows up and we rush for 200 yards or more (Team is 18-1 under strong when it rushes for 200 or more)
  2. Defense shows up and has a stat line along the stats listed above in the 6 games they have shown up

If both of those 2 things happen, I can see us squeaking out a close one at home verse Memphis and taking it to a defeated and discouraged UCF. I have already written off Cincy as a loss since they look like the most complete team in the conference.

our defense looks good against crappy offenses. excluding sc state, those other 5 are ranked

in scoring. maybe just maybe it was because we played crappy offenses.

Memphis and UCF are both top 10 offenses.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  139

I./KJHGGFGHJK,,F,FH,,J,JJJ

DAVK

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,671
  • Days Won:  108

12 minutes ago, MikeG said:

I./KJHGGFGHJK,,F,FH,,J,JJJ

DAVK

He's back and making as much sense as ever.  😀

Welcome back. Full recovery wishes going out to you.

• Upvote 1