• Join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other Bulls fans!

Over/under for Ronde Barber's fine for hit on ref

Ronde was in a tiff with a Jet's player and hit the ref when he swung at the Jet's player. The Bucs were assessed a 15 yrd unsportsmanlike penalty. He was not ejected from the game.

So, I'm putting the over/under for the fine from the league at $100k. What do you think it will be?

I also think he may be suspended for a game. Do you think he'll be suspended.

Kizarvexis

Members do not see this ad, Register

he did hit the ref pretty hard... and although it wasn't intentional towards the ref, it was a swing toward another player that resulted in the errant blow to the face of the ref.  The fine will be because it was both a violent act of poor sportsmanship, and hitting a ref.

League Fines Barber $30,000

After Sunday's game, Barber explained he was trying to disentangle himself from Jets C Kevin Mawae when he hit Hannah in the right eye, knocking the official to the ground. He was not ejected from the game, but was penalized for unnecessary roughness.
Though Barber declined to comment, his business agent, Mark Lepselter, released a statement that said his client would appeal.

"The officiating crew assessed the situation and chose not to eject Ronde from the game due to the fact that he was not throwing a punch at the opposing player," Lepselter said. "Therefore, we feel this fine is excessive in nature."

I'm surprised. I thought the league would make an example of Ronde because he hit an official, inadvertently or not.

Kizarvexis