• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Last four teams ranked by difficulty

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Last four teams I think in order of difficulty.

UCF...on the road number 2 offense and they have a 30th ranked defense...this is the toughest game we have left as UCF is the more complete team and we have to go on the road.

Memphis/Cincy...these teams are pretty close...but sort of opposite.  Cincy with the stronger defense and Memphis with the stronger offense.  If we bring our A game we can win one  or even both of these games.  

Temple appears hit by injuries...UCF ran for over 300 yards on them. Temple has never I think won in Tampa..but it is a Thursday night game eh.  

I do see a path to six wins which considering how we started this season would be a pretty solid season but Temple is a must win game.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

33 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Last four teams I think in order of difficulty.

UCF...on the road number 2 offense and they have a 30th ranked defense...this is the toughest game we have left as UCF is the more complete team and we have to go on the road.

Memphis/Cincy...these teams are pretty close...but sort of opposite.  Cincy with the stronger defense and Memphis with the stronger offense.  If we bring our A game we can win one  or even both of these games.  

Temple appears hit by injuries...UCF ran for over 300 yards on them. Temple has never I think won in Tampa..but it is a Thursday night game eh.  

I do see a path to six wins which considering how we started this season would be a pretty solid season but Temple is a must win game.

Going to reverse this as it is more meaningful looking at who we have a better chance of beating first:

1. Temple. Still have never won in Tampa and their offense can give up turnovers. They seem to be trending downward.

2. Memphis. A great matchup for us. Leakey defense. Offense is explosive but defense is our best unit right now.

3. ucf: its a rival game. Anything can happen. I still think their defense is not all that great either.

4. Cincy: a complete team on both sides of the ball and playing for a NYD game. Can’t see this one happening. 

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I'd trade a bowl game for beating UCF.

I voted up but want to make sure I voted the right way.  You are saying you would trade USF going to a bowl game for a USF win of ucf, right?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, pistonpete said:

I voted up but want to make sure I voted the right way.  You are saying you would trade USF going to a bowl game for a USF win of ucf, right?

5-7 with a win over UCF would make me happier than 6-6 with a loss to them and the chance to play Eastern Michigan in Boca.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I'd trade a bowl game for beating UCF.

I am good with that...but it does mean a three game losing streak (which may very well happen) going into that game. The mother of all wins is that beating ucf gives us bowl eligibility.  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

I am good with that...but it does mean a three game losing streak (which may very well happen) going into that game. The mother of all wins is that beating ucf gives us bowl eligibility.  

A three-game losing streak? Please... I don't even acknowledge a losing streak of less than six games, anymore.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, JTrue said:

5-7 with a win over UCF would make me happier than 6-6 with a loss to them and the chance to play Eastern Michigan in Boca.

Gotcha...that's what I thought but for some reason when reading I thought it could mean the other way.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  975
  • Days Won:  1

T1 UCF, Cincy, Memphis

2 Temple

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Memphis has shown that they’re beatable. Last week Temple shut them down and this week it took a last second missed field goal to escape 2 win Tulsa. If we have a path to post season I’d say Memphis and Temple are the most likely wins.