• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is there a way to ban "on campus stadium" threads?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

They used to have a bar on campus...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Yeah, but was it a tikki bar?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527
  • Days Won:  0

Someone one could build us the the most modern, stacked with ammenities stadium for free, and you would ***** because it was on campus.

No, it's about finances!  First, there won't be $150k in concessions on campus, because much of that was for $8 beers!

Second, at $150ik per games, how many games will it take to cover the several million just in annual maintenance, much less the $100+ million to build?

You see, there's a reason why programs  like USF, Pitt, Miami, etc, who have other stadiums don't build their own.  Because it too **** expensive when compared to renting six times a year!

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

You see, there's a reason why programs  like USF, Pitt, Miami, etc, who have other stadiums don't build their own.  Because it too **** expensive when compared to renting six times a year!

All other arguments aside, please stop using Miami as a reason not to build an on campus stadium. They have no room for a stadium.

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Regardless, it doesn't negate the fact that big city programs rent city stadiums because it's way cheaper to rent six days a year than building their own.

Why pay over a million a year just for routine maintenance, when you can rent a stadium six times for less?

Small town programs (uf, fsu, etc) have to build because there's no other options.  Bullieve me, they would love it if there were an NFL stadium in their small towns.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

Regardless, it doesn't negate the fact that big city programs rent city stadiums because it's way cheaper to rent six days a year than building their own.

Why pay over a million a year just for routine maintenance, when you can rent a stadium six times for less?

Small town programs (uf, fsu, etc) have to build because there's no other options.  Bullieve me, they would love it if there were an NFL stadium in their small towns.

great points!!

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

It's fun to dream though :D

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

All other arguments aside, please stop using Miami as a reason not to build an on campus stadium. They have no room for a stadium.

Only if some will quit using the lame example of UCF being supposedly able to build one so we should too.

Miami is only used to show that you don't NEED an on-campus stadium to be a big time BCS football program, which is one of the excuses some use in here to justify the immediate building of one.

• Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I will always wish that we had our own stadium. I would like to see USF or Bulls, or USF Bulls in the endzones, I would like for us to be equal to the Bucs as far as being tenants is concerned. I've noticed that at Heinz field the endzones are "slashed" no "Pitt" no "Steelers". I guess what it boils down to for me are 2 things, I don't think that the Galzers should make ANY money from non Buc events, and I Love the feeling of going on campus to tailgate and go to the game. I will also feel better about it when there are 65K people yelling their lungs out at RJS.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Not all benefits are financial ones, I think there is no doubt an on campus stadium brings USF several benefits. We don't need a stadium and obviously can't afford one if we did, however when the times comes that we can then it should be a priority.

A few things from reading all the stadium threads.

1)Miami may be renting the stadium however it is definitely THIER stadium....as crappy as that stadium is. I doubt they have to worry about notre **** so arogantly using their field.

2)the pitt stadium also while rented has no problem at least working with them to make it look and feel like a home stadium.

3)How many other "metro" universities are there that rent, from the postings here it sounds like there must be hundreds of them. Aside from Pitt and Miami there are......

4)I've decided we have the laziest goup of alumns and students....geeesh, from the alumn ******** about cup holders and wide asses to students ******** about walking a couple of miles. Maybe we should just quit playing football since it is so physically draining to follow the team  ::)