• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is there a way to ban "on campus stadium" threads?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

can we pin the stadium threads somewhere and just move the new ons to that location Mad Cow Lounge maybe

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

start banning topics and this board is no better then the Rivals board

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I understand that some people have been through it over and over again.  If you don't want to read it, why are you reading it?  Why get upset at those people that want to talk about it?  It is childish.

There are several topics here I think are stupid, but I don't barge in and complain about the stupid topic.  No need for me to read them, so I just avoid that topic.  That's why there are topic headings.

Some of you guys must be loads of fun at parties, telling everyone what they can and can't talk about.

I think that some of us that have been around a while would just prefer that some of the new posters THINK about what they post instead of just posting whatever random thought comes to the tips of their fingers.

Remember that this board is visited by Athletics, journalists, opponents, and other members of the college football world.  Posting stupidity reflects poorly on everyone.  By simply ensuring that there is a level of intelligence in what you post, many issues will be alleviated.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

If you don't like on campus stadium threads... DON'T START THEM!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Can we ban douchebags from posting that start threads like this too??

Pretty please?!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

First of all, if some of you would pull your heads out for two seconds you would realize I wasn't seriously thinking we could actually get the subject banned!  GEEEEEEZE? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

It's just that like MikeG said, this topic comes up every friggin week it seems.

If anybody out there has $150,000,000.00, write the check!  When you sign it, go immediately to the next and write one for the infrastructure (that's roads and stuff) to handle 20,000 cars coming into campus in the span of 1 or 2 hours.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

I think that some of us that have been around a while would just prefer that some of the new posters THINK about what they post instead of just posting whatever random thought comes to the tips of their fingers.

Remember that this board is visited by Athletics, journalists, opponents, and other members of the college football world.  Posting stupidity reflects poorly on everyone.  By simply ensuring that there is a level of intelligence in what you post, many issues will be alleviated.

You really can't blame the newer ones who bring it up because it IS a fair question for the unenlightened. As pointed out, if you don't want to rehash it for the hundredth time, ignore it.

The ones that get me are those that, after being rationally shown why it's not feasible or needed NOW, are too thickheaded to give it up .......

Amen!

Funny thing is, I don't see Miami whining about an on campus stadium.  Bullieve me, they're glad they don't have to shoulder that burden!  $100+ million bucks that would have to be spent building that which already exists in town,  can do wonders for the recruiting budget!

It is very astute of you to point out that the fact that people don't show up for Coach Leavitt means that less than 12 people would show up for a football game on campus..

You still failed to offer an explaination as to why so few or none of you show up for on campus events?

attendances:

UF baseball = 1700

USF = 89 maybe over 100 for a good night

UF softball = 100's

USF = 10's

UF basketball = 10,000+

USF = 3500

UF coach's show = 100's

USF = 3 to 7 (zero of which are students)

Yeah the students really come out for those on campus events.  Why not spend gazillions on a stadium?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Why not spend gazillions on a stadium?

Because we want one, dammit! ;-)