• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like Tags may be available

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I have said it once and I will say it again. FIRE STRONG IMMEDIATELY AND GIVE KB A CHANCE TO BE IN FULL CONTROL OF THE TEAM. IF HE DOES WELL FOR THE REMAINING 4 TO 5 WEEKS OF THE SEASON, HIRE HIM AS HC. IF HE DOES NOT DO WELL, HIRE OUTSIDE. 

Mark my words though, if we get rid of KB for an outside HC hire, there is no doubt in my mind he will go somewhere else and eventually be one of the better head coaches in the FBS and USF will be standing here with our 🍆's in our hands wishing we wouldn't have let him go. Give him a half decent offensive line, a quarterback that can lift his arm over his shoulder, and receivers that don't habitually drop the ball and our offense would be thriving. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, TheAccountant said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I have said it once and I will say it again. FIRE STRONG IMMEDIATELY AND GIVE KB A CHANCE TO BE IN FULL CONTROL OF THE TEAM. IF HE DOES WELL FOR THE REMAINING 4 TO 5 WEEKS OF THE SEASON, HIRE HIM AS HC. IF HE DOES NOT DO WELL, HIRE OUTSIDE. 

Mark my words though, if we get rid of KB for an outside HC hire, there is no doubt in my mind he will go somewhere else and eventually be one of the better head coaches in the FBS and USF will be standing here with our 🍆's in our hands wishing we wouldn't have let him go. Give him a half decent offensive line, a quarterback that can lift his arm over his shoulder, and receivers that don't habitually drop the ball and our offense would be thriving. 

When KB is unceremoniously fired from here he will never coach at this level again, he was purposefully passed over for 20 years and now in his one shot he has **** the bed worse than any coach we have ever had. The amount of unwarranted awe for KB is dumbfounding but I guess people need to try to find some hope. There is absolutely nothing KB has demonstrated here that would indicate he will even be serviceable at this level and to think he has earned a promotion by being the absolute worst at his current job is at best absurd and indefensible.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

When KB is unceremoniously fired from here he will never coach at this level again, he was purposefully passed over for 20 years and now in his one shot he has **** the bed worse than any coach we have ever had. The amount of unwarranted awe for KB is dumbfounding but I guess people need to try to find some hope. There is absolutely nothing KB has demonstrated here that would indicate he will even be serviceable at this level and to think he has earned a promotion by being the absolute worst at his current job is at best absurd and indefensible.

not sure why people like to hire failures

look how great Strong has worked out for us

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

not sure why people like to hire failures

look how great Strong has worked out for us

Because they bought the unmerited hype and ignored the endless field of red flags. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You are correct in that he hasn't demonstrated anything that would indicate he would be a great HC. However, he also hasn't had the personnel or had the opportunity to recruit the personnel he needs for his offense to be successful. We also don't know how much CCS dips his hand into the offenses cookie jar so we don't know how much coaching KB is being allowed to do.

Additionally, what do we have to lose by allowing him to be interim HC for the rest of the season if we were to fire CCS after the ECU game? It's not like we can get any worse. Again, if he isn't able to breathe life into this team and get them to play better, more disciplined football, then we move on and hire outside. However, if he does breathe life into the team and we start playing better, then I think he would deserve the opportunity to coach the team going forward, and to hire his own staff. 

Edited by TheAccountant

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

2 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

You are correct in that he hasn't demonstrated anything that would indicate he would be a great HC. However, he also hasn't had the personnel or had the opportunity to recruit the personnel he needs for his offense to be successful. We also don't know how much CCS dips his hand into the offenses cookie jar so we don't know how much coaching KB is being allowed to do.

Additionally, what do we have to lose by allowing him to be interim HC for the rest of the season if we were to fire CCS after the ECU game? It's not like we can get any worse. Again, if he isn't able to breathe life into this team and get them to play better, more disciplined football, then we move on and hire outside. However, if he does breathe life into the team and we start playing better, then I think he would deserve the opportunity to coach the team going forward, and to hire his own staff. 

He has said and CCS has said he is in complete control of the offense. Remember that putrid offense that we have. He is in complete control.  

Just now, TheAccountant said:

You are correct in that he has demonstrated anything that would indicate he would be a great HC. However, he also hasn't had the personnel or had the opportunity to recruit the personnel he needs for his offense to be successful. We also don't know how much CCS dips his hand into the offenses cookie jar so we don't know how much coaching KB is being allowed to do.

When you take 20 years to make the jump to FBS level and people claim it is because you did so because you were not fielding offers and waiting for the right opportunity then you better pick better than what will result in the one of the worst offenses in college football. We know exactly how much CCS dips his hands into the offense but some people do not want to accept reality. CCS has absolutely no interest in our program and even less interest in our offense. Beyond stating KB has full autonomy of the offense (which is confirmed by KB) CCS states that he does not think anything that actually involves coaching is his job. We have nothing to lose having him coach a few games but if he is wrongfully hired as the head coach it could be the death nail of the program, he has proven what should be theoretically known that he and his system will never be successful here. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, TheAccountant said:

This goes right back to what I said. Tell CCS to stay at home and collect his check the way he's doing now, but stay away from the team. Have CKB be the interim HC/OC and see what happens. I would be shocked if it got worse than it is now.

Just because CCS says his CO's have complete control does not make that a fact.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

He has said and CCS has said he is in complete control of the offense. Remember that putrid offense that we have. He is in complete control.  

But everyone knows that if you didn't recruit the players no one can expect you to have a top 100 offense. 

5 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

This goes right back to what I said. Tell CCS to stay at home and collect his check the way he's doing now, but stay away from the team. Have CKB be the interim HC/OC and see what happens. I would be shocked if it got worse than it is now.

Just because CCS says his CO's have complete control does not make that a fact.

What exactly does anyone believe is the offensive components that CCS is controlling? Because when BB was starting it was that he was starting and not JM and then when JM started it was that he was starting and not BB and then when BB got taken out for the season it was that JM was starting and not Rygol. We are about to have started every QB on the roster so one of those kind of had to be the guy KB wanted but none of them has looked even mediocre against FBS level competition while running KBs offense. Granted the team will not look any worse if we call KB the head coach and allow him and BJM to continue to fail at their jobs but it certainly could get worse for us if we decide to continue compound this unfortunate regime by extending time with this failed direction. CCS is a coach with many faults but one of his biggest is that he makes horrible hires and surrounds himself with awful coordinators. People can't complain on one hand that CCS is not engaged in coaching our team in any regard and then in the other hand excuse away KB's failure on CCS involvement especially because it is the area least likely to be the one area CCS decides to involve himself in.