• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Looks like Tags may be available

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,930
  • Days Won:  12

He did the same thing a lot of us do..  jump to "greener pastures" only to find that all you had to do all along was be good at your job, FINISH the job, and that in and of itself will lead to success and riches. 

Instead he jumped ship in search of a shortcut. Not sorry its backfiring. Should have stayed and seen through the very clearly stated goal "win multiple championships in a first class manner"

Edited by hm101

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

25 minutes ago, hm101 said:

He did the same thing a lot of us do..  jump to "greener pastures" only to find that all you had to do all along was be good at your job, FINISH the job, and that in and of itself will lead to success and riches. 

Instead he jumped ship in search of a shortcut. Not sorry its backfiring. Should have stayed and seen through the very clearly stated goal "win multiple championships in a first class manner"

Same. Although he is richer he leaves no legacy anywhere and will never be a head coach again on the college level. Just another dude who chased a buck and will be forgotten like yesterday’s news...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2019/10/02/college-football-coaches-hot-seat-include-jim-harbaugh-clay-helton/3824537002/ why not make a run at the other Jim? Mr. Harbaugh should be available soon. Or Pruitt, Addazio, Fuente? I don’t get the xCWT fixation... There are so many other coaches who are closer to being canned.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2019/10/02/college-football-coaches-hot-seat-include-jim-harbaugh-clay-helton/3824537002/ why not make a run at the other Jim? Mr. Harbaugh should be available soon. Or Pruitt, Addazio, Fuente? I don’t get the xCWT fixation... There are so many other coaches who are closer to being canned.

I pray to G-d you are kidding on Harbaugh; if we make a hire like that I think I’m finally out.

44 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I pray to G-d you are kidding on Harbaugh; if we make a hire like that I think I’m finally out.

He’s definitely not in the top 2/3 of candidates, but at least he comes with antics, shenanigans and passion. Watching him break headsets and throw clipboards would fun

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

He’s definitely not in the top 2/3 of candidates, but at least he comes with antics, shenanigans and passion. Watching him break headsets and throw clipboards would fun

He loves offensive schemes that have the word pro in it this alone should exclude him but in case that’s not enough he was getting paid $7.5 million more than we can afford if we buy CCS out. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

He loves offensive schemes that have the word pro in it this alone should exclude him but in case that’s not enough he was getting paid $7.5 million more than we can afford if we buy CCS out. 

He’d come over here in Michigan’s dime and we’d have the same problem all over again. 

Does CCS even know what words like scheme, offense, or football mean?

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, hm101 said:

He'll be getting paid ridiculous money at FSU no matter what. He's done well for himself and his family no matter what the W-L ends up looking like....and he may end up winning at FSU if given time. He did a good job here, definitely put together the best offense we've ever had, and eventually learned how to get the most out of the talent he assembled. He probably left us right in time. Our offense was red-hot in 2016, and we were about to lose Mack and Adams. It would have been risky to stay here,  passing up the big $$$ Oregon, and eventually FSU were throwing at him. I don't think that staying here another couple of years, even if he had won big,  would have upped his stock that much.....he ended up getting a great contract by bailing when he did. If he stays for 2017 and the GCO isn't as effective without Mack and Adams, maybe his stock falls. He did the right thing.

• Upvote 1