• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's fan turnout for Navy was great

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,329
  • Content Count:  96,963
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Robert Mallett said:

Loud and proud contingent which I was told numbered in excess of 3,000 showed up and showed out.  At alumni tailgate it was stated we bring more fans  to Annapolis than anyone except Air Force.  Just too bad the team didn't show up.

BTW,  even if the game itself blows Annapolis is always a top road trip.  Spent yesterday before the game wandering around the quaint and historic downtown snd waterfront.  Have toured the magnificent Academy campus and tall ships.  The pregame experience with the march of the Midshipmen is second to none.  This morning I am licking my wounds with a Bloody Mary, crab and oyster breakfast at a rooftop restaurant overlooking Baltimore Harbor.  Doesn't suck.

Just a note to reconfirm you can still enjoy the college football experience through good times and bad.

3k is amazing.  Thanks for your report. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

Last night in a bar I had 2 long time Navy fans approach me and ask what has happened to USF and what do we do about the AAC.  For USF, we discussed CCS, BB, JM injury and everyhting else that has been rehashed on this board.  For the AAC, we agreed no one is heading to the big boy table for a while so they wanted to go to 14 teams adding football only Army, Air Force and a mountain time partner for AF. (Boise, BYU, or CSU).  They felt having the 3 academies could only bolster the conference in fan bases and tv revenue.  In about an hour, we solved all of the world's problems.  Nice folks.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

Last night in a bar I had 2 long time Navy fans approach me and ask what has happened to USF and what do we do about the AAC.  For USF, we discussed CCS, BB, JM injury and everyhting else that has been rehashed on this board.  For the AAC, we agreed no one is heading to the big boy table for a while so they wanted to go to 14 teams adding football only Army, Air Force and a mountain time partner for AF. (Boise, BYU, or CSU).  They felt having the 3 academies could only bolster the conference in fan bases and tv revenue.  In about an hour, we solved all of the world's problems.  Nice folks.

That’s pretty cool. At half time I met a fan who lives in Annapolis (but not military) and we had a similar conversation. They all love the idea of making this a military conference.

• Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

22 minutes ago, Brad said:

3k is amazing.  Thanks for your report. 

Don't want to be a downer but if you do the math, the sections that we were in hold about 1,500 people.  I don't see where 1,500 additional tickets were purchased as not much green elsewhere in the stadium.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

We were on tv.  We were holding the USF flag in end zone on the missed field goal.  

I had a buddy text me the picture.  I could have caught the miss as the ball bounced two rows in front of me.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Don't want to be a downer but if you do the math, the sections that we were in hold about 1,500 people.  I don't see where 1,500 additional tickets were purchased as not much green elsewhere in the stadium.

Agreed the Kelly reported around 1000. Still a very good turnout 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,997
  • Days Won:  38

6 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

They felt having the 3 academies could only bolster the conference in fan bases and tv revenue

I would be down for that.  It would be a lot of fun for me.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,997
  • Days Won:  38

Echoing what others said.  This is a really great trip to do.  Will definitely come back in 4 years and make more of a thing out of it.  It's beautiful up here.

The airport at BWI was packed with Bulls fans. Pretty cool throwing up the horns at last a dozen times today. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Agreed the Kelly reported around 1000. Still a very good turnout 

Number I heard as well as far as tix sold through USF.  400 at the tailgate inside the stadium.

• Upvote 1