• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF's fan turnout for Navy was great

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  2
  • Days Won:  0

Loud and proud contingent which I was told numbered in excess of 3,000 showed up and showed out.  At alumni tailgate it was stated we bring more fans  to Annapolis than anyone except Air Force.  Just too bad the team didn't show up.

BTW,  even if the game itself blows Annapolis is always a top road trip.  Spent yesterday before the game wandering around the quaint and historic downtown snd waterfront.  Have toured the magnificent Academy campus and tall ships.  The pregame experience with the march of the Midshipmen is second to none.  This morning I am licking my wounds with a Bloody Mary, crab and oyster breakfast at a rooftop restaurant overlooking Baltimore Harbor.  Doesn't suck.

Just a note to reconfirm you can still enjoy the college football experience through good times and bad.

• Upvote 4
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm pretty sure the cameras never truly showed our section.... the Navy love fest kept the focus on them... glad to hear of the crowd... 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,004
  • Days Won:  38

Yes it was a very good turnout. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

Great time and experience. We are commiserating with other Bulls over bloody marys and brunch!

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Outstanding turnout. If you’ve not seen a game in Annapolis you are missing out.  Should be on you rlist

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Agreed, great town, great turnout, great time up until kickoff. 

I just fear the program risks losing a number of its hardcore traveling fans if the ship has no hope of being righted anytime soon. I will continue to travel and support the Bulls at a moderate to significant personal cost (flew back to south Florida at 6am and at work for a 12 hour shift already today), but I heard from a fair number that they can't stand spending all the money and time to travel and watch the dumpster fire that is Charlie Strong coaching. Like one superfan put it: stop letting us leave games furious for having to watch the coach drive our program into the ground without even trying to give the appearance of true personal effort. 

Edited by FazaUSF

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,725
  • Days Won:  0

25 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

Outstanding turnout. If you’ve not seen a game in Annapolis you are missing out.  Should be on you rlist

💯 

This was my second USF at Navy game. Both ended with an L for us, but I have zero regrets. Great memories. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Regretting that I didn't head up for this game.  I was close to going with my son, but decided against it.  Maybe next time

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I had a blast. Second time at Annapolis for a USF game and will be there again in 4 years. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,473
  • Days Won:  422

First time here and the state of the program will not deter me from coming back ..... awesome experience in Annapolis, outside of the game itself obviously. Bought a parking pass in their season ticket lot and got a “ Welcome and thanks for coming” from a freaking ex Secretary of the Navy getting out of the car. 

• Upvote 3