• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

At the coaches show

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

8 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

Asian on mine...

Mine just keeps showing me pictures of me 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, usf97 said:

Sure would be interesting to have seen Kelly's reaction when:

A) he found out about the CCS contract buyout, not the one in the public record but the REAL one that none of us will ever see. (I doubt he knew about it prior to being hired)

B) he realized the Kerwin Bell hire wasn't going to magically make everything all better. (I am thinking it was somewhere around the SMU game) 

6A68A1BA-6690-41EF-B618-EEA2A4545F2B.gif

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, puc86 said:

I'm 99% confident that MK has this hanging in his office.

lockquote widget

81nho65ESrL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Bull Nut
  • Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,667
  • Days Won:  108

18 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

My how times have changed.  MK was very engaged with everyone at early on events.  I really like the guy, but saw a change at the Ybor blast this year when on stage he asked everyone to bring 10 friends to the Badgers game (as he seemed concered about ticket sales).  After that he went off to the side of the stage by himself and just sort of stared into the abyss.  I think he may be having some "what did i get myself into" thoughts.

18 hours ago, usf97 said:

Sure would be interesting to have seen Kelly's reaction when:

A) he found out about the CCS contract buyout, not the one in the public record but the REAL one that none of us will ever see. (I doubt he knew about it prior to being hired)

B) he realized the Kerwin Bell hire wasn't going to magically make everything all better. (I am thinking it was somewhere around the SMU game) 

I'm pretty sure that he stands to the side (literally and figuratively) to take in what is going on around him.  He asks questions and gives thought to the answers and the feel of the situation.  Last time we talked he asked when we left the SMU game I told him with 9 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter.  His response was something like Guess we didn't give you much reason to stay.  So he knows things aren't rainbows and sunshine.  If the direction of the team doesn't change by the end of the season I'd look for a coaching change.  He didn't tell me that just my read on him. Think he isn't afraid of the tough decisions.

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

I'm pretty sure that he stands to the side (literally and figuratively) to take in what is going on around him.  He asks questions and gives thought to the answers and the feel of the situation.  Last time we talked he asked when we left the SMU game I told him with 9 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter.  His response was something like Guess we didn't give you much reason to stay.  So he knows things aren't rainbows and sunshine.  If the direction of the team doesn't change by the end of the season I'd look for a coaching change.  He didn't tell me that just my read on him. Think he isn't afraid of the tough decisions.

I like Kelly; he is a nice guy but did he make a lot of tough decisions being a party planner for the P5 playoff teams? His best qualities would seem to be networking and fundraising but some of those qualities don’t really translate to being cutthroat. He comes across very corporate cheerleader where as if you aren’t a sociopath I wouldn’t trust you to lead anything of importance.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

32 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I like Kelly; he is a nice guy but did he make a lot of tough decisions being a party planner for the P5 playoff teams? His best qualities would seem to be networking and fundraising but some of those qualities don’t really translate to being cutthroat. He comes across very corporate cheerleader where as if you aren’t a sociopath I wouldn’t trust you to lead anything of importance.

Other than CJL do you like anyone at USF? It’s game day and you are still doing that killjoy thingy. Try better....

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Other than CJL do you like anyone at USF? It’s game day and you are still doing that killjoy thingy. Try better....

I thought I started that sentence with I like Kelly.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I thought I started that sentence with I like Kelly.

Like everything in life its not how you start, it’s how you finish...

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,831
  • Days Won:  67

50 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I had a conversation with him and have seen him have some other interactions as well.  My read is completely different, he comes across intelligent, pragmatic and not afraid to make a tough decision.  He is good at networking and fundraising but I also believe he has the skills to succeed in making good tough decisions as well, we will see.

12 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Like everything in life its not how you start, it’s how you finish...

I believe in tough love.