• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Missing in Action: 2019 Players with high expectations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Terrence Horne:  the most explosive burst on the scene player since Marlon Mack.  The ACL tear early last year was devastating, but I was hopeful he'd be close to fully recovered for this season.  We're halfway thru the season,  and he's barely been seen...4 catches for 26 yards.  I understand not returning kicks...thankfully Sanders is very good.  But I'm not sure if it's QB struggles or lack of playing time, but it feels like this season is mostly lost for him.  The good news:  he's just a RS freshman.

Randall St. Felix:  after an awesome freshman year, he's only got 7 catches, 1 TD.  He's a dynamic receiver.  I know he's had a few drops, but I wonder if some of that is the frustration or lack of concentration from seeing so few targets.

McArthur Burnett:  I was hoping another UF transfer would bolster our secondary, but I don't even recall seeing him play (maybe I just didn't see him on the field).  Just a junior, but our secondary can use the help.

Any other players you guys had great expectations for this season, but aren't seeing?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, JupiterBull said:

Randall St. Felix:  after an awesome freshman year, he's only got 7 catches, 1 TD.  He's a dynamic receiver.  I know he's had a few drops, but I wonder if some of that is the frustration or lack of concentration from seeing so few targets.

Maybe those few targets are because he can't catch?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

Horne was the big one for me. You have to wonder if he will ever be the same

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Not surprising about St. Felix.  He had a couple of dynamic games early in the year.  He dropped a lot of passes last year too.  He completely disappeared in several games.  He was a freshman so I didn't expect him to be the star, but got a lot playing time last year so the expectation should have been he would have grown this year.

The problem with most of our receivers over the last few years have been that they are good for a spectacular play here and there or a big game, but there is no one that has been reliable or consistent that can be counted on.  Even go back to Adams and MVS, a lot their big plays were either the jet sweep or the little touch pass that basically was a jet sweep.  The downfield consistency was not there.  

Our receivers have always dropped a lot of passes.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

Wilcox.  Big disappointment half way thru his senior year.

Atterbury.  As big a disappointing senior year as Wilcox.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

34 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

You have to be given the ball to not disappoint.  I feel so bad for MW relegated to blocking becuase of our O line.  And he never complains about his new role.

Edited by 79 Bull
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

10 minutes ago, 79 Bull said:

You have to be given the ball to not disappoint.  I feel so bad for MW relegated to blocking becuase of our O line.  And he never complains about his new role.

Went back and watched the game and the announcer was saying he needs to get better at blocking.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

Atterbury.  As big a disappointing senior year as Wilcox.

I consider Atterbury to be much more of a disappointment as it is self inflicted (quality as a player).

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,483
  • Days Won:  0

I'm sure Wilcox is disappointed, but he's not a disappointment.  He catches whatever they throw at him.  Unfortunately, the offensive line can't hold it's own so he's relegated to blocking duties this season.  I hope he makes lots of money at the next level for sticking around another year when he could have left for greener pastures.

• Upvote 1