• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

• Members do not see this ad, Register today
Sign in to follow this  
94 Bull

Q Flowers drafted by Vipers

Gota say, I'm very excited for the XFL season. With Q at The Vipers, it's almost like we get an extra season of USF football, and I can't wait to see Q in action again. Let the 3 way QB battle between Q, Aaron Murray, and Taylor Cornelius commence. I know Q will give them a run for their money. 

Edited by Vivadiscordia

The draft is now over. Unless I missed someone while scanning through the picks, 6 Bulls were picked up:

Quinton Flowers - Tampa Bay Vipers
Sean Price - Dallas Renegades
Quinterrius Eatmon - Seattle Dragons
Deatrick Nichols - Houston Roughnecks
B.J. Daniels - Seattle Dragons
Reshard Cliett - Dallas Renegades

Of the players available in the draft pool, the following guys weren't picked up:

Tyre Mccants
Eric Mayes
Jeremi Hall
Lawrence Martin
Vincent Jackson
Devin Abraham
Elkanah Dillon (I know he transferred but he's still a Bull)

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2019/10/17/xfl-draft-what-we-learned-about-the-tampa-bay-vipers/

2. There will be competition at quarterback.

Before the draft, the XFL assigned a quarterback to each of its eight teams. Though those quarterbacks are presumptive starters, their spots aren’t guaranteed. Six of the eight teams, including the Vipers, drafted another quarterback in the skill position phase of the draft Tuesday.

There will be four players in Tampa Bay’s quarterback room: Aaron Murray, the quarterback assigned to the Vipers and a former Georgia and Plant High standout; former University of South Florida star Quinton Flowers; Taylor Cornelius, who started as a fifth-year senior at Oklahoma State last season; and Vincent Testaverde Jr., the son of former NFL quarterback Vinny Testaverde and graduate of Jesuit High School in Tampa. (Testaverde Jr. played in the Bucs preseason finale in August.)

Though Tampa Bay announced Flowers as a running back, Trestman made it clear that he will get reps at quarterback.

“We couldn’t pass up Flowers,” he said. “He’s a three-way threat, but he is a quarterback first. He’s really grown as a running back — pass protection, physicality, running the football, catching it — he can do it all.”

A crowded quarterback room is a good problem to have, Trestman said.

“Aaron’s not getting every rep,” he said. “He’s going to feel competition, and that should just make him better.”

Edited by Vivadiscordia

He CAN do it all. Now they just need to get McCants. those guys are both just iron football players--put them in and wait for some fireworks

• Like 1

Jerry Glanville is a funny guy. There's just something comedic about this video. 

On 10/16/2019 at 3:25 PM, Rocky Style said:

Is Tampa known for Vipers?  I know we have Pirates, Lightning, and Rays, but not sure about Vipers.  I remember occasionally seeing snakes, but more Lizards.  Why weren't we the Tampa Bay Lizard Swarm?  Tampa Bay Manatee?  The Tampa Bay Sand?  Mangroves?  Drawing a blank.  Vipers it is!

Rattlesnakes are vipers.  So yes, there are plenty of Vipers in the Tampa Bay area.

" Rattlesnake, any of 33 species of venomous New World vipers characterized by a segmented rattle at the tip of the tail that produces a buzzing sound when vibrated."

https://www.britannica.com/animal/rattlesnake

Edited by Apis Bull

There is a reason why those who were drafted in this second tier league and why others were not. Just because they played well for USF does not mean they should get a tryout. The scouts do miss people but in today’s football world it is pretty rare. 

Missing Tyre McCants is a crime. Hes being slept on because of his size, no doubt

3 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Missing Tyre McCants is a crime. Hes being slept on because of his size, no doubt

Well he did get a work out for the league. It could be other factors too. I mean if he was worth it someone would have took him. Maybe he still gets an undrated look.