• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Info from a Navy fan to UCF fan for their game

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

Seems very cool, and the info seems relevant. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,209
  • Days Won:  25

Which is?

• Topic Count:  1,748
  • Content Count:  17,448
  • Days Won:  13

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,002
  • Days Won:  38

Lol yes I was confused by the first post.

• Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

Super helpful info.  Everyone else who got tickets through USF in section 32?

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

Navy Game Day Experience

Discussion in 'UCF Fan Forum' started by PurpleR, Oct 15, 2017.

For those of you going to Annapolis for the game and have not been there before just wanted to give you a little insight from a past season ticket holder.

Everyone gets a comfortable seat and there are not many bad ones in Navy Marine Corp Stadium, the only bench seats in the stadium are where the Midshipmen ( they are not cadets those are those guys that Navy plays in December) sit or stand.

Bring sunglasses, in the first half before the sun drops you will be looking directly into it if you are on the Visitors side of the field and especially sections 31 and 32.

The midshipmen parade over to the stadium from the Yard (USNA) and will march into the stadium at about 3:10 for a 3:30 game. If you want to see the march-on at the stadium i recommend that you be in the stadium by 3:00.

Once all of the midshipmen march into the stadium and are in formation they will turn about face and turn to the visiting side of the field and welcome the visitors and in somewhat of a low voice say "go knights" and tip their caps to the away crowd. After several seconds they will be given the signal to about face and turn to the home crowd and spell out "NAVY", and say go Navy in a much louder voice. They will then head for the stands.

Once in the stands the Navy choir will sing the national anthem.

There will be a flyover that will come from over the left end of the stadium if you are sitting in the visitors side. They usually fly over at the same time that the Navy football team runs onto the field if properly synchronized.

I had season tickets for four years and still go to one game a year and we always brought guests to the games and regardless if they were visitors from the opposing teams or casual observers they seemed to enjoy the pomp and circumstances surrounding the game. The stadium itself is not as loud as others that you have experienced. The exception is the 4000 midshipmen that will be involved all game, but that is obviously a small student section. A lot of the season ticket holders are older alumni and view the game as an opportunity to get back together with buddies they went to school with 20, 30 or so years ago and the football game is sometimes and aside to the gathering. Many will go into the parking lot to tailgate at halftime and not return unless it is Navy vs. Air Force or will return in the fourth quarter if it is an interesting game.

You will not experience drunk students and or a raucous crowd.

I hope you enjoy the game but more than that I hope you enjoy your visit to Annapolis. If you get a chance visit and tour the Yard. If you get there on Friday before noon, go and observe a noon formation in front of Bancroft Hall and i would bet there will be a formal parade at 4 on Worden Field given that it is one of the homecoming weekends, and they are a sight to see.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

It could have the cure for cancer and a recipe for alchemy and I am not sure it would be worth going to a UCF message board to retrieve. 

Just now, Triple B said:

Thank You for doing G-d's work

Just now, puc86 said:

It could have the cure for cancer and a recipe for alchemy and I am not sure it would be worth going to a UCF message board to retrieve. 

That's why I did what I did ....

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

That's why I did what I did ....

You saved a lot of fine men from having to stray to a very dark place, not all heroes wear capes. 

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You saved a lot of fine men from having to stray to a very dark place, not all heroes wear capes. 

But we do wear Birkenstocks ....... kinda.

• Haha 1