• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How the Navy game will play out...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

image.png.524be5d0a653d25a183b189817c12774.png

At this point its worth a shot, if you have tried everything you can think of and nothing works there really aren't any bad ideas (since all of the "good ideas" are bad too). Maybe we need to cut the heads off of some chickens and give Jobu some rum and cigars, if he can help people hit curveballs there is no reason he can't stop the run too. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, HPbull said:

I am as hard as some of you on what I have seen out of Strong and his staff go and check my posts. This game against Navy I feel ok about, BJM coached at GT where he ran his D against their option frequently and we have done well against Navy in the past. We have more speed, better athletes and I think controlling the option may be something that BJM will be comfortable with. I see us winning 35-21 type score.

Did't quite work out vs GT last year. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Malcolm Perry is the best Navy QB we will have faced.  He runs their  triple option offense to perfection and he’s an accurate passer.  He may be more elusive and electric than QF and I didn’t think I would say that about anyone else.  We are improving but not enough to keep this game close.  Navy covers with ease.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Malcolm Perry is the best Navy QB we will have faced.  He runs their  triple option offense to perfection and he’s an accurate passer.  He may be more elusive and electric than QF and I didn’t think I would say that about anyone else.  We are improving but not enough to keep this game close.  Navy covers with ease.

The guy is a stud...pure and simple...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

10 hours ago, LrdNorman said:

The difference is that the defense has been staying in their lanes and being more disciplined as of late.   We have played more as a team with less individual accolades or interest from the front seven.

Aren't the Tackles for Loss stats showing that?

That TFL stat is an interesting one. It could be one of the reasons that we get gashed on running plays when guys break the line of scrimmage. Guys cheating up but if they run the play in the other direction we are done.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

On 10/14/2019 at 11:51 AM, Danm1983 said:

Their defense seems better than last year, we know they're going to control the ball and the clock and try to grind our defense down.

We will need some solid sustained drives to give the defense a rest and give them less time to run their playbook.

Even with them throwing more, if USF can actually come out swinging hard and put some points on the board, Navy playing from behind is their weakness, they will stick to their playbook but if we could somehow muster up a more than 7 point lead and maintain it into the 4th, they'll start running out of time to execute their 30 play, 8-10 minute offensive drives.

There new DC is from fcs Kennesaw State. Think they were the best defense in the country last year in fcs. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

5 hours ago, Bullgrad84 said:

There new DC is from fcs Kennesaw State. Think they were the best defense in the country last year in fcs. 

That can't be right. How can a DII coach make an impact as a coordinator at aDI school?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

That can't be right. How can a DII coach make an impact as a coordinator at aDI school?

I think they are an FCS team 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I think they are an FCS team 

Yeah only a fcs team for a couple years. But still not big football. Valdosta state has more nfl players than them. 

3 minutes ago, Bullgrad84 said:

Yeah only a fcs team for a couple years. But still not big football. Valdosta state has more nfl players than them. 

Fair point