• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do you know this Bulls team?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Indeed they are. This is why I am so hoping for a win this week just to shut some people up. I doubt if we win but the possibilities if they do are enticing. 

It should...this will be a very good test...it won't be easy 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Last week we beat an average team. 

Can we beat an about average team this week? 

At the end of the season that GTech game may be haunting 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

3 hours ago, Corey lea said:

Do you realize this is a G5 program with no money? You don't have the luxury of cherry picking top talent. I'll take all the kids that came in through the portal all over again. You use impact players at this level until your Boyles, Griers and  Bellamy etc. Can develop. 

I would like to see Burnett at safety to see if we can get better back there. 

Sanders has value at KR. Roberts is still a liability. I hope he doesn't get exposed this week. 

Other teams in the conference are getting plenty of talent and so were we under CWT. Either CCS can't eval effectively, his program has awful player development, he's hired bad recruiters, or all of the above. Hell, UCF has done just fine during their run for only recruiting at the G5 level. That dog doesn't hunt. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

God that Tech game...un f’n believable...

Guest Jonesy Bull
3 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

BYU is average when we played them (without their starting QB).  I think they are bit above average with him (he is very good), if you look at the results.

Definitely the GT game will haunt us if we only get to 5 wins.  Very distinct possibility.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Other teams in the conference are getting plenty of talent and so were we under CWT. Either CCS can't eval effectively, his program has awful player development, he's hired bad recruiters, or all of the above. Hell, UCF has done just fine during their run for only recruiting at the G5 level. That dog doesn't hunt. 

I hate to inform you, but you want to win right now!!! CWT had 2 good years and left. He left nothing behind Flowers at QB. Absolute garbage at that position. Do we need to talk about his defenses and talent on that side of the ball? He left at the right time. Just look what he is doing with elite talent. 

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649

6 hours ago, Bull94 said:

last I checked we were G5 with no money when Taggart was landing three straight #1 classes in the AAc. beating out many P5 programs for NFL talent.

you know what they say about excuses and losers.....

So recruiting classes win games? What is Strong's record against p5 teams here? 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,340

1 hour ago, Corey lea said:

I hate to inform you, but you want to win right now!!! CWT had 2 good years and left. He left nothing behind Flowers at QB. Absolute garbage at that position. Do we need to talk about his defenses and talent on that side of the ball? He left at the right time. Just look what he is doing with elite talent. 

Jimbo hardly left elite talent. It's debatable they had a D1 offensive line his first year.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

15 hours ago, Corey lea said:

So recruiting classes win games? What is Strong's record against p5 teams here? 

yes recruiting classes win games. that's why the #1 classes Taggart put together led to 11-2 records and NFL jobs for those recruits.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

15 hours ago, Corey lea said:

Taggart left Strong a team that went 11-2. It was Strong's responsibility to continue to recruit at a high level. He failed.

Taggart's first class was rated #1 in AAC after Holtz went 3-9

Strong's first class was rated #5 after Taggart went 11-2

We have had 2 of the 3 worst draft classes in our entire history under Strong.

He thought he would come in and coast to a new job so it looks like he put no effort into recruiting. either that or he was never really good at it and really needs Clint Hurtt.