• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Do you know this Bulls team?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If you have to rely heavily on getting transfers after your third season you have failed as a recruiter and your player development is terrible. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,258
  • Days Won:  25

14 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

If you have to rely heavily on getting transfers after your third season you have failed as a recruiter and your player development is terrible. 

He should have junior and reshirts sophomores contributing at this point across the team. They should be "bigger" and mentally tougher which is what he blames them for every loss. We were not big enough and were not mentally prepared.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

44 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

He should have junior and reshirts sophomores contributing at this point across the team. They should be "bigger" and mentally tougher which is what he blames them for every loss. We were not big enough and were not mentally prepared.

Exactly but I'm sure he'll make some excuse or try to deflect the blame to the kids he recruited and has failed to develop while ignoring those failures are what they are because his bad evals while recruiting or his lackluster S&C program and coaching, or all of the above 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

Coach Bull Dozer dropping knowledge again 

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,282
  • Days Won:  10

No idea who this team is.  Very strange vibe this year.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

39 minutes ago, Rizman said:

No idea who this team is.  Very strange vibe this year.

and last year, though it became pretty clear later in the season. I much prefer the stuff I'm seeing this year over last.

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

Do you realize this is a G5 program with no money? You don't have the luxury of cherry picking top talent. I'll take all the kids that came in through the portal all over again. You use impact players at this level until your Boyles, Griers and  Bellamy etc. Can develop. 

I would like to see Burnett at safety to see if we can get better back there. 

Sanders has value at KR. Roberts is still a liability. I hope he doesn't get exposed this week. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

14 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Do you realize this is a G5 program with no money? You don't have the luxury of cherry picking top talent. I'll take all the kids that came in through the portal all over again. You use impact players at this level until your Boyles, Griers and  Bellamy etc. Can develop. 

I would like to see Burnett at safety to see if we can get better back there. 

Sanders has value at KR. Roberts is still a liability. I hope he doesn't get exposed this week. 

last I checked we were G5 with no money when Taggart was landing three straight #1 classes in the AAc. beating out many P5 programs for NFL talent.

you know what they say about excuses and losers.....

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/14/2019 at 8:06 AM, Corey lea said:

The team is evolving. There are still some very questionable personnel decisions, but I was encouraged by Bell going what works.

I'm not sold on our receivers, not very good and don't like to block. Bell needs to get maximum effort out of the receivers, it's bad enough that most can't catch, but you can at least block. The same can be said for the OL. They are not finishing blocks, but maybe this victory will build their confidence. It's up to Bell to emphasize maximum effort.

The Defense, show a few flashes here and there. I just am not sold of personnel decisions. Even though we are playing better, I just don't see that fire that I want to see. Not very aggressive in the open field, almost they are hoping someone else will come to make the tackle opposed to laying the hammer and wrapping up. 

Best weapon we can have is a dedicated recruiting staff and portal watch. We just don't have the depth. There are so many holes to be filled next year. We need RB's. Ol's, Db's, DE, and DL'. I would take 15 HS players and find 10 in the portal. We need players who can step in a make an impact right now like Macon, Slade, Studstill and Sails. 

I say this every single year till I am blue in the face...no team ever stays stagnant...they either improve or get worse...the team is improving...

Edited by DJBulls

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

39 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

I say this every single year till I am blue in the face...no team ever stays stagnant...they either improve or get worse...the team is improving...

Indeed they are. This is why I am so hoping for a win this week just to shut some people up. I doubt if we win but the possibilities if they do are enticing.