• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just a few pieces away...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Bullgrad84 said:

Just like I said it all comes down to recruiting. Last 3 years ucf has recruited good QBs and explosive players. We obviously haven’t. Defensively we don’t look very fast or explosive for a Florida school. Offensively this staff hasn’t found a Qb since Q left and our best player that puts fear into defenses is suspended. That’s why CKB was brought here. I think he can recruit and understands talent in this state. At Valdosta state last year he had 3 seniors go to the NFL at a d2 school and one was drafted. We had I think 1 as a free agent. All the offensive players that are still starting there and making plays we’re sophomores and freshman last year. The are 6 and 0 and on a 21 game win streak since last year. I believe if he gets the time here, he’s going to have us a Good Qb and explosive skill players. He already brought Latrell Williams in who they say is the best receiver on the team. Look at all the speed and lineman in this offensive class. Also ckb has offered a couple juco skill players so obviously he thinks we need help now. Plus 2 Qb commits that talent wise probably shouldn’t be committed to the same school. 

So Q leaves 2 years ago and the 2 bums behind him, who were recruited by the previous staff were beat out. The new staff brings in a serviceable qb and has McCloud and 2 incoming freshman. Just when I think people couldn't be any crazier!

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

With CCS, yes.  With Spurrier he made QBs great.  See Shane Matthews, Terry Dean, Danny Wuerffel, Eric Kresser,  Doug Johnson,  Noah Brindise,  Jesse Palmer and Rex Grossman.  That’s just with UF...didn’t bother to look up his QBs at duke and USC.

He also had nfl quality receivers, OL, and TEs on those teams. Basically coaches win with GOOD players period. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

29 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He also had nfl quality receivers, OL, and TEs on those teams. Basically coaches win with GOOD players period. 

Someone should consider making it part of their job responsibility to bring in good players.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

3 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We got more talking about a dude that left 10 years ago...

But we are not blaming him for the lack of talent. Might as well blame Skippy for the lack of talent.  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

7 hours ago, puc86 said:

Someone should consider making it part of their job responsibility to bring in good players.

+1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  12,253
  • Days Won:  25

7 hours ago, puc86 said:

Better yet develop your players into quality players.  I know the legend CJL himself developed many players from 1-2 star recruits to NFL talent.

Just now, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Better yet develop your players into quality players.  I know the legend CJL himself developed many players from 1-2 star recruits to NFL talent.

What a novel idea! Like my grandfather used to tell my mother when she would complain about me and my sister, “it all reflects on management”. No matter what the reason is for this team to not be where it needs to be the fault lies solely in coaches who pick the players, develop the players, devise the schemes, select who goes out every play, call the plays and make adjustments. Nothing can be the fault of the players because the coaching staff is completely in charge and either needs to change people or change people.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

What a novel idea! Like my grandfather used to tell my mother when she would complain about me and my sister, “it all reflects on management”. No matter what the reason is for this team to not be where it needs to be the fault lies solely in coaches who pick the players, develop the players, devise the schemes, select who goes out every play, call the plays and make adjustments. Nothing can be the fault of the players because the coaching staff is completely in charge and either needs to change people or change people.

And you were doing so good until you had to throw in that last sentence.

What was wrong with the last line? If you are in charge you either need to be able make the people around you better or you have to be able to bring in what you think is better people, either way it does not matter and its entirely on you, it is your responsibility and is completely under your control. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

5 hours ago, puc86 said:

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

And you were doing so good until you had to throw in that last sentence.

I think he poorly conveyed that. I think what he meant was that the buck stops with the coaches so technically EVERYTHING is their fault. 4th and 28 was the players' fault .... those misses to McDoom Saturday were the player(s) fault ... etc.