• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just a few pieces away...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,844
  • Days Won:  67

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

So basically QB's make coaches successful is what you are saying and that coaches should give all the credit to their QBs right? 

Nope, good coaches develop and make players better, at times a special player can mask a coach’s deficiencies and make them look more  effective than they are.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Bill Belichick hasn’t won **** without Tom Brady.

I think the 2008 season bears out that Belichick can win without Tom Brady. In fact, Belichick is 13-6 without Brady and given the massive popularity that Brady has in New England, there's zero way they Montana him. Belichick might just retire with him, which will always leave that question, but we must remember before Belichick ever won a Super Bowl with the Patriots, he managed to get the Browns to win a playoff game-the last coach to do so. 

It would take a few rebuilding years, but if you give Belichick 3 years without Brady I still think he wins another Super Bowl. I just doubt it's ever going to happen. Even so, winning six Super Bowls is likely what cements Belichick as the greatest NFL coach ever. And don't give me the "he cheated" lines. He's won three super bowls since Spygate and appeared in three more. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

All I know is if your QB situation sucks then so does your team....

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Now if we only knew who was responsible for recruiting and developing a QB......

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

This ↑  Remember a time when the Bucs had a QB that wasn't the best, but he did manage the game and NOT turn it over 3 or 4 times each game. If memory serves, they did pretty good with him.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Why is the OP talking about a coach that left us over 3 seasons ago?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  166
  • Days Won:  0

Just like I said it all comes down to recruiting. Last 3 years ucf has recruited good QBs and explosive players. We obviously haven’t. Defensively we don’t look very fast or explosive for a Florida school. Offensively this staff hasn’t found a Qb since Q left and our best player that puts fear into defenses is suspended. That’s why CKB was brought here. I think he can recruit and understands talent in this state. At Valdosta state last year he had 3 seniors go to the NFL at a d2 school and one was drafted. We had I think 1 as a free agent. All the offensive players that are still starting there and making plays we’re sophomores and freshman last year. The are 6 and 0 and on a 21 game win streak since last year. I believe if he gets the time here, he’s going to have us a Good Qb and explosive skill players. He already brought Latrell Williams in who they say is the best receiver on the team. Look at all the speed and lineman in this offensive class. Also ckb has offered a couple juco skill players so obviously he thinks we need help now. Plus 2 Qb commits that talent wise probably shouldn’t be committed to the same school. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

So basically QB's make coaches successful is what you are saying and that coaches should give all the credit to their QBs right? 

With CCS, yes.  With Spurrier he made QBs great.  See Shane Matthews, Terry Dean, Danny Wuerffel, Eric Kresser,  Doug Johnson,  Noah Brindise,  Jesse Palmer and Rex Grossman.  That’s just with UF...didn’t bother to look up his QBs at duke and USC.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

Why is the OP talking about a coach that left us over 3 seasons ago?

We got more talking about a dude that left 10 years ago...