• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just a few pieces away...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

1 hour ago, BDYZR said:

WOW! It just hit me. CCS came in saying he would slow down the offense, right? Now I know why. Because his defense can't get off the field on 3rd down and he knew how bad they would be. Only problem, he doesn't seem to have any idea on how to solve that.

Yes, CCS did talk about slowing down the offense to give the defense more time off of the field. But... the '17 team actuality played faster and averaged more plays per game than the '16 team. 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I am not saying it will be enough to turn things around long term but it sounds like somebody over there is trying to do something, anything differently than the way they have been done the past two seasons. Before we know it, somebody may actually get that #1 jersey. 

https://gousfbulls.com/news/2019/10/15/football-young-bulls-molding-together-with-winning-mindset.aspx

"Strong and his staff also have evolved in order to get the most out of the Bulls during the turnaround. Practices are wrapping up early if the work is being done well,"

"Once the past two Saturdays have rolled around, the Bulls have been able to forgo their traditional game day coat and tie apparel and have arrived at the stadium instead wearing adidas sweat suits, a cool and comfortable reward for hard work."

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

Has anybody stopped to think that the roster was so bad upon arrival, that it would take a few seasons to get quality depth across the board?

Tag left a team of stick men that were the size of most Division 3 players. Sure there were a few bright spots, but overall the roster was garbage when he left. 

Grier, Boyles, Mims and Bellamy are blossoming, but need a few more lbs that have some size to come in and a Macon type and some bigger HS kids would be fine. 

We need players everywhere. I actually think the 2 new freshman qb's will push McCloud. I wish Battle could have stayed. He actually looked the best during the spring game. Evans may need to get some snaps back there. 

• Downvote 3

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, BayIslandBull said:

Yes, CCS did talk about slowing down the offense to give the defense more time off of the field. But... the '17 team actuality played faster and averaged more plays per game than the '16 team. 

You shut your mouth! Don't bring facts to this argument!

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Has anybody stopped to think that the roster was so bad upon arrival, that it would take a few seasons to get quality depth across the board?

Tag left a team of stick men that were the size of most Division 3 players. Sure there were a few bright spots, but overall the roster was garbage when he left. 

Grier, Boyles, Mims and Bellamy are blossoming, but need a few more lbs that have some size to come in and a Macon type and some bigger HS kids would be fine. 

We need players everywhere. I actually think the 2 new freshman qb's will push McCloud. I wish Battle could have stayed. He actually looked the best during the spring game. Evans may need to get some snaps back there. 

I see your point, but I think it’s more of the result of trying to be optimistic rather than being factual. 

Within a 3 year span, CWT recruited 9 guys that have spent time on an NFL roster. There’s an additional 4 more players who will likely add to that list at the end of this year (Wilcox, Hampton, Livingstone, Reaves). 

I understand Charlie’s classes can’t be spoken for as of yet, but what homegrown kids on this roster can you say have a shot at even being invited to a Rookie Mini Camp? Maybe Boyles or Bellamy? Still a long way to go there. 

Was CWT perfect in roster construction? No. But the infusion of talent that he (or his staff) was responsible for bringing in sure is missed right now. Not the other way around 

Edited by IBulleve

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, BayIslandBull said:

And then? 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

31 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

I see your point, but I think it’s more of the result of trying to be optimistic rather than being factual. 

Within a 3 year span, CWT recruited 9 guys that have spent time on an NFL roster. There’s an additional 4 more players who will likely add to that list at the end of this year (Wilcox, Hampton, Livingstone, Reaves). 

I understand Charlie’s classes can’t be spoken for as of yet, but what homegrown kids on this roster can you say have a shot at even being invited to a Rookie Mini Camp? Maybe Boyles or Bellamy? Still a long way to go there. 

Was CWT perfect in roster construction? No. But the infusion of talent that he (or his staff) was responsible for bringing in sure is missed right now. Not the other way around 

Because everyone knows when you are fixing something it always has to get increasingly worse every time you do anything towards the fix until you get to the very end and then magically everything comes together and for the first time is a positive. If 75% your roster is worse than 0% your roster that’s only because that 25% is the problem and once they are gone, boom, miracle.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

18 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

And then? 

and then.gif

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

1 hour ago, Corey lea said:

An incredibly stupid observation, the team was loaded with 3 nfl lineman, Q, MVS, D’Ernest, Auggie, Nichols, McCants etc...the second year was thin however by now we should be seeing a better product.  CWT  inherited a dumpster fire and by this time in his 3rd year we were seeing improvements and promise.  I am not sure why you are making excuses for CCS you must be related to him, he is an bumbling idiot.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, mjadams said:

Got to get St Felix going... 

Yes. and that McDoom guy too.