• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CCS on his way to an extension.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,308
  • Days Won:  43

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

If the AAC decides to expand to Georgia State I can only pray it will be to take our spot, there is no way anyone honestly believes that Georgia State does anything to improve the already embarrassing national perception of this conference. Adding more and more **** to the pile doesn’t somehow magically transform it to gold it just adds to the stench.

Think AAC would replace UCF or USF with FAU. If both leave then FIU and FAU will bring AAC Florida markets 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Think AAC would replace UCF or USF with FAU. If both leave then FIU and FAU will bring AAC Florida markets 

As long as it has nothing to do with us I would be perfectly happy for everyone involved. However if we are stuck in this conference for any more time I do not think there is any value that would be added by anyone that would be willing to join. Adding garbage teams because you simply want numbers is how we ended up with this conference that has captured the heart of the nation (and by that I mean people would rather have their hearts forcibly ripped from their chest than watch AAC football).

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

As long as it has nothing to do with us I would be perfectly happy for everyone involved. However if we are stuck in this conference for any more time I do not think there is any value that would be added by anyone that would be willing to join. Adding garbage teams because you simply want numbers is how we ended up with this conference that has captured the heart of the nation (and by that I mean people would rather have their hearts forcibly ripped from their chest than watch AAC football).

Give me a break. The raw numbers don't bear out that statement at all. The American regularly gets games in excess of 1 million viewers, something the other G5 conferences don't do outside of their conference championship. The top half of conference games are very much on par with mid-level P5 games. 

8 minutes ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

Give me a break. The raw numbers don't bear out that statement at all. The American regularly gets games in excess of 1 million viewers, something the other G5 conferences don't do outside of their conference championship. The top half of conference games are very much on par with mid-level P5 games. 

The top P5 games every week draw 100k in attendance and 7 million people in viewers to the top P6 game of 35k in attendance and a million viewers. The AAC is much closer to the rest of the G5 than it is to the P5 and adding more teams from the bottom will only serve to strengthen that divide.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

The top P5 games every week draw 100k in attendance and 7 million people in viewers to the top P6 game of 35k in attendance and a million viewers. The AAC is much closer to the rest of the G5 than it is to the P5 and adding more teams from the bottom will only serve to strengthen that divide.

Don't make me laugh. Last years AAC championship between UCF and Memphis had 3.2 million viewers. The year before was 3.3 million and got the same rating as USC vs. Stanford. You're deliberately underestimating numbers for your narrative. 

Besides, if we're so much closer to the G5 in ratings, why do we have a media deal that pays five times the next highest g5 deal? 

Just now, bullsbucsfan426 said:

Don't make me laugh. Last years AAC championship between UCF and Memphis had 3.2 million viewers. The year before was 3.3 million and got the same rating as USC vs. Stanford. You're deliberately underestimating numbers for your narrative. 

Besides, if we're so much closer to the G5 in ratings, why do we have a media deal that pays five times the next highest g5 deal? 

What’s the math on the disparity between the AAC tv deal and the P5 deals? I‘ll stay on the line...

And another small little fact the AAC was right next to the Mountain West and then our contract expired and we negotiated a raise, their contract is about to expire and we will look a lot more than them than we will $30 million.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,308
  • Days Won:  43

31 minutes ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

This is well said. And I think it goes with my thinking in seeing a lot more USF fans showing up to the games this season. USF is in one of the top conferences imo. The AAC has impressed me and countless others. It is no wonder that the new tv contract that kicks in next season will be more $$$ to the AAC than before. Sure I would love to be in P5, but at least we are not as bad a place as some people think. Best case scenario is if the P5 opens the door for the AAC down the road. I love the travel destinations of all be AAC. Just got to keep improving bowl lineup. We are gonna be fine 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

And another small little fact the AAC was right next to the Mountain West and then our contract expired and we negotiated a raise, their contract is about to expire and we will look a lot more than them than we will $30 million.

No we won’t...do a little homework. They are looking at $2 mil per team. 

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

No we won’t...do a little homework. They are looking at $2 mil per team. 

Let’s pretend that goes exactly the way you predict, what number are we closer to?