• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

PSU has 20K student section all...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,730
  • Days Won:  3

Same here...wouldn't mind PSU winning...however, if I were a gamblin' man...I'm thinking their luck has run out.  :-/

Wellll....that was a great game. I figured OSU was going to win this!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

if we win the BE and go to the BCS do you see our season tix getting a major boost?

how much?  5K

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

PSU does not have assigned seats. You line up several days before the game...

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

You can just put the shirts ON the seats and haave the students put them on come game time. Like when we give all yellow or all green shirts out. If the students have honor and dont steal shirts beyond the one given to them, it woudl work.

• Topic Count:  9,893
  • Content Count:  66,048
  • Days Won:  172

good win for psu

jo pa is back

You can just put the shirts ON the seats and haave the students put them on come game time. Like when we give all yellow or all green shirts out. If the students have honor and dont steal shirts beyond the one given to them, it woudl work.

Leavittation... I thought of that, but I doubt the students would be than honorable... especially the immature frat guys (and I know a few myself)... you could see the first guy down a row grabbing all of them for himself.

You may be more trusting than I, however...

Guest psuKinger

There are no assigned seats at PSU football games.  It is first-come, first served.  Some students got in line 6 days before the game...

The S is made by t-shirts that are handed out about 15 minutes before the game started.  They do it in the Senior Section every game.

White shirts are handed out to border the S.  This is done every game.

However, the S is only made by less than 2000 students.  That means that less than 2000 t-shirts were handed out.  The rest of the students came in white on their own accord; we thought it would look cool and bada$$ at night under the lights.  From all of the feedback I'm reading on websites like this, it seems to have really worked.

Let's go USF.  I'd love to see you pound Pitt.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Yeah, it'll definitely be hawt if our only losses are to ranked teams PSU and Miami. And the PSU loss wasn't too bad, especially considering UL has gone on to win games by 50-point margins in the past few weeks and Miami bulldozed Duke (not that it was a surprise). Miami beat Colorado worse....

I'd say depending on how the Homecoming game goes, we can call this a hell of a season!

Dunno what we're going to do next year though without the A-Train.....

Guest AstroBull

Hopefully Ponton will step up.  I was watchin the game with some friends and we just couldn't believe all the white.  It was insane.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not sure we'll ever have that many students come to a game, unless the university vastly changes its mission and evolves into less of a commuter school. Frankly, the priorities of the majority of our students aren't that in such that regardless of athletics success, they're not going to pay attention to USF sports. That's just the nature of the kind of students our university recruits. I've learned a lot about the USF student body in the short time I've been teaching here, and that's one of the big things I've noticed.

Heck, it would be a step in the right direction to recruit students who aren't actively OPPOSED to intercollegiate athletics.

If the administration is really that focused on getting us into the top tier, they need to:

a) build several thousands more dorm rooms

B) recruit students nationally

c) build an on-campus stadium (i know this is a conversation for another thread, but let's look at other D-1 schools that play in pro stadiums: Temple, Pitt (gets lousy student attendance), Minnesota (ditto; barely fills half of the Metrodome in total attendance), San Diego St. (AVERAGED 17,700 last year), and Tulane (barely broke 20k on average). Is playing in a pro stadium a recruiting advantage for Temple? Tulane? PITT!?

Until then, the best chance for student involvement is basketball. Look at UC; while they're far less a commuter school than we, they're about the same size, and urban. They get NOBODY at their football games. Of course, most of the crowd at their (obviously sellout) basketball games are non-students...