• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Undeniable Improvement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

22 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I think McCloud throws the ball far better than QF ever did.  He played this game with an injured wrist, and it showed.  But he had the maturity to tell the coaches they needed to rely more on the run game.  He showed leadership.

Yes it showed leadership.  That much is clear. 

It also showed complete unpreparedness from the offensive coaching staff to not come out from the beginning of the game establishing the run game. BYU is a bad rush defense team. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

It also showed complete unpreparedness from the offensive coaching staff to not come out from the beginning of the game establishing the run game. BYU is a bad rush defense team. 

Ranked in the 120's seems an obvious area to attack them.

We will see how good this running attack is vs Navy..hopefully McCloud is healed up cause we are going to need some passing attack if we are going to have a chance.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

On 10/12/2019 at 8:09 PM, usfgrad84 said:

I think every game could come down to how the coaching staff preps the team and themselves. 

THIS ↑

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

9 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Ranked in the 120's seems an obvious area to attack them.

We will see how good this running attack is vs Navy..hopefully McCloud is healed up cause we are going to need some passing attack if we are going to have a chance.

I mean sure it would make sense to game plan for a run heavy day when you are playing against the 120th rushing defense in the Nation but they hadn’t faced our vaunted 110th in the nation passing game.  You can’t amaze people with your ability to adjust if you don’t make terrible no good very bad plans to begin with and what fun would it be to actually control a game and look prepared from the beginning? If things actually look like they are clicking then people may think our talent isn’t entirely the problem and that some of the unpreparedness and inability to execute actually has something to do with the poor coaching and bad scheme. Perish the thought because everyone knows that a coach that says hokey things and manages to stay in the minor leagues for two decades can’t conceivably be part of the problem.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

THIS ↑

So just pointing out that the team is not prepared is not enough and the people that are actually paid and tasked with preparing the team could actually be part of the issue? Sounds like hippie nonsense to me.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

13 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So just pointing out that the team is not prepared is not enough and the people that are actually paid and tasked with preparing the team could actually be part of the issue? Sounds like hippie nonsense to me.

Image result for Tie died "Right on!" sign

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Temple looks solid. We will know a lot more after they play UCF. I hope they beat UCF and we manage a win versus them. I am actually looking forward the Thursday night game.

Actually we know more Temple this week when they play at SMU...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

33 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I mean sure it would make sense to game plan for a run heavy day when you are playing against the 120th rushing defense in the Nation but they hadn’t faced our vaunted 110th in the nation passing game.  You can’t amaze people with your ability to adjust if you don’t make terrible no good very bad plans to begin with and what fun would it be to actually control a game and look prepared from the beginning? If things actually look like they are clicking then people may think our talent isn’t entirely the problem and that some of the unpreparedness and inability to execute actually has something to do with the poor coaching and bad scheme. Perish the thought because everyone knows that a coach that says hokey things and manages to stay in the minor leagues for two decades can’t conceivably be part of the problem.

Why are you bringing Slick Willie Tags into the discussion?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, Who'sYourData? said:

I think McCloud throws the ball far better than QF ever did.  He played this game with an injured wrist, and it showed.  But he had the maturity to tell the coaches they needed to rely more on the run game.  He showed leadership.

McCloud didn’t go to the coaches and say go with the run. After a horrible pass by McCloud one of the RBs told strong as he was coming off the field Give me the **** ball. JM was in agreement that he was struggling.

Thats what happened without the curse words that were used.