• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Undeniable Improvement

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

No way we win this game earlier this season. We've definitely made progress since GT. We have something resembling competence on the OL now, and it's really nice to see an actual running game.  Bowl eligibility looks possible now.  As fans, we should learn to relax and let things play out, as the comments early on were: "We're the worst coached team in football", "Cronkrite not impressive". Now we're all cheering because of the win, and Cronkrite goes for 150+. Also had people trashing McCloud, who I think will be fine. Remember, Flowers wasn't all that great early on. That was a fun game, and we're heading in the right direction.

Edited by USFBulls727
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,997
  • Days Won:  38

Just now, USFBulls727 said:

Remember, Flowers wasn't all that great early on.

Everyone seems to forget this.  It was quite rough for a while.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,831
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

No way we win this game earlier this season. We've definitely made progress since GT. We have something resembling competence on the OL now, and it's really nice to see an actual running game.  Bowl eligibility looks possible now.  As fans, we should learn to relax and let things play out, as the comments early on were: "We're the worst coached team in football", "Cronkrite not impressive". Now we're all cheering because of the win, and Cronkrite goes for 150+. Also had people trashing McCloud, who I think will be fine. Remember, Flowers wasn't all that great early on. That was a fun game, and we're heading in the right direction.

A win is a win, we will take it, not sure what we got going on but let’s enjoy this one.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,997
  • Days Won:  38

This ish is: Undeinable 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

I was like, "huh?", then I was like "ohhhhh"...lol

I'm enjoying this win too, OP. Let's home the slope continues up.

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

A win is a win, we will take it, not sure what we got going on but let’s enjoy this one.

BYU is no world beater, and they were missing a couple of key players, but they are a step up from UConn/SC State. If McCloud starts connecting more consistently on open WRs, this offense might not be so bad. Navy, and other games coming up on the schedule look a lot more interesting now. We were horrid early on, but showing signs of life now. Happy for the team. Happy for Charlie. This one has to feel good after what the team has been through in most of the last 10 or 11 games. Two game winning streak now, let's keep it rolling...

4 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

My bad. Fixed it.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

Young team learning what it means to win again, same goes for the fans....great win lets build on it

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  472
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah this is all nice but QF was never a good passer and Mccloud won't be either . Thats just the way it is .

Just now, gullibull said:

Yeah this is all nice but QF was never a good passer and Mccloud won't be either . Thats just the way it is .

If I remember correctly, Flowers used to float the ball quite a bit in his Freshman year. He definitely improved over time. I'd let things play out with McCloud. He only has 4 starts under his belt. As the OL continues to improve, so could he. Still a lot of football to be played.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Yeah I have no idea how we will finish the season but I am enjoying the two game win streak and three out of four wins...I know about the competition and yes I a still pissed about the GT loss...