• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,340
  • Days Won:  0

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Watch the game...

What do you suggest I pay attention to?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, USFBULL_08 said:

What do you suggest I pay attention to?

Well I would skip the first half entirely...😂. But in the 2nd half watch the offensive line. They were consistent. On defense, the DBs (though far from perfect played well). Lastly, the D line bent but did not break. Finally, there is something to be said for resilience. Last year’s USF team loses this by at least 20 points. This team could still lose their next six in a row but for one night they played decent (far from great...but decent). 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,231

We were at the game and despite our recent performances I never thought we were out of this one. Nice win and especially for a decent homecoming crowd.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361

Absolutely a nice and necessary win. However  South Florida had superior talent and should have run away with this game. I believe Brigham Young was better coached and had a better game plan. They dominated time of possession  even with two back up quarterbacks. They had the South Florida defense on the heals many times. McLeod did not have one of his better games he missed several open receivers for touchdowns. I see improvement but not enough to compete with the teams left on the schedule for them to win three games  and get bowl eligible 

I hope I’m wrong and they keep getting better.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well I would skip the first half entirely...😂. But in the 2nd half watch the offensive line. They were consistent. On defense, the DBs (though far from perfect played well). Lastly, the D line bent but did not break. Finally, there is something to be said for resilience. Last year’s USF team loses this by at least 20 points. This team could still lose their next six in a row but for one night they played decent (far from great...but decent). 

It’s almost as if abandoning KBs offense makes the line better. To the untrained eye it would seem to be a steaming pile of **** that drags the entire team down and makes the line look like Swiss cheese as every qb tries not to get killed.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

21 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s almost as if abandoning KBs offense makes the line better. To the untrained eye it would seem to be a steaming pile of **** that drags the entire team down and makes the line look like Swiss cheese as every qb tries not to get killed.

Agreed. KBs offense was no where to be found. But what can you do? McCloud was not ready to win this game on his arm and BYUs defense is terrible against the pass. Indeed, if we had ran the ball in the first half I think we win this game by 17. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

7 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Agreed. KBs offense was no where to be found. But what can you do? McCloud was not ready to win this game on his arm and BYUs defense is terrible against the pass. Indeed, if we had ran the ball in the first half I think we win this game by 17. 

Running the ball should have been the gameplan from the first whistle.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,729
  • Content Count:  37,554
  • Days Won:  29

We beat a bad UConn team ... beat a bad BYU team that was especially bad against the Run. 

BUT we won.

We need to be a better team on both sides! Better Coaching and Preparedness. 

This 13-0 4th Quarter was impressive. Build on it!

Go BULLS !!! Beat Navy!!!

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Hire better?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Hire better?

Too late so we go with what we got. We go bowling or bust, need 3 more, not sure where we get them but after the first 2 games we all should be pleased with 3-3, we need to strive for mediocrity, it is within our grasps.