• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OC and DC Interviews

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

54 minutes ago, usf97 said:

It's been reported that the side deal in the USF foundation contract has an increased buyout by Joey Knight. The fanboys over at TDS also have said they have been told as much by people within athletics. 

It doesn't take a detective to figure out CCS's contract is more or less guaranteed. His contract with Texas was fully guaranteed. Do you think he changed agents and business practices? The way Harlan signed that deal, CCS made the same $5 million whether he coached USF or sat at home for 2 years. So it only makes sense that CCS is going to sign a deal like that unless he gets something out of it. 

Recall CCS was also interviewing with Temple when he was fired by Texas so I imagine Harlan gave CCS whatever he wanted. Harlan also probably knew that if that deal became public, he was toast and I wouldn't be surprised if he knew he was halfway out the door anyway.  It happened incredibly fast.  SO basically CCS signed for 3 more years at roughly $2.5 million. That is already spent money. 

….and that's my problem with these kinds of contracts. He's getting paid no matter what from a school where the $$$ apparently are hard to come by. Probably not realistic, but I wish the contracts looked something like this....

$500K annual base pay

200K bonus for a bowl appearance

500K for a conference championship

1 mil or so for an NY6 appearance/victory

1.5mil for a playoff appearance

...etc...You COULD make 2.5 mil a year, but only if you win, which draws attention to the program, which puts butts in seats, which brings in money. I don't really question Charlie's motivation here, I think he's trying, but some feel like he's going through the motions. If that's true, this type of contract would fix that problem. He really didn't have to earn anything here. It was all handed to him up front.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

36 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

….and that's my problem with these kinds of contracts. He's getting paid no matter what from a school where the $$$ apparently are hard to come by. Probably not realistic, but I wish the contracts looked something like this....

$500K annual base pay

200K bonus for a bowl appearance

500K for a conference championship

1 mil or so for an NY6 appearance/victory

1.5mil for a playoff appearance

...etc...You COULD make 2.5 mil a year, but only if you win, which draws attention to the program, which puts butts in seats, which brings in money. I don't really question Charlie's motivation here, I think he's trying, but some feel like he's going through the motions. If that's true, this type of contract would fix that problem. He really didn't have to earn anything here. It was all handed to him up front.

we bent over backwards to hire him. we gave him all the leverage.

hopefully we have learned our lesson. it never makes sense for us to overpay for a "name" .

hire someone who is young and wants to make a name for himself. don't have to break the bank and then if they get hired away due to success we get paid. if we have to fire them then it won't cost us a boatload.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

we bent over backwards to hire him. we gave him all the leverage.

hopefully we have learned our lesson. it never makes sense for us to overpay for a "name" .

hire someone who is young and wants to make a name for himself. don't have to break the bank and then if they get hired away due to success we get paid. if we have to fire them then it won't cost us a boatload.

The bad thing is the "we" that hired him are not here anymore and left a mess to deal with.