• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Something Positive

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Last Saturday was the largest margin of victory for USF vs UConn ever. To think about the prior talent we’ve had, and some of the historically bad teams that UConn has had, I’d say that’s something to be happy about. One of UConn’s TD’s came in garbage time as well. It may be something to be hopeful for, or it may just be a cool fact. Either way I’m impressed and I found it to be a very enjoyable stat. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

Last Saturday was the largest margin of victory for USF vs UConn ever. To think about the prior talent we’ve had, and some of the historically bad teams that UConn has had, I’d say that’s something to be happy about. One of UConn’s TD’s came in garbage time as well. It may be something to be hopeful for, or it may just be a cool fact. Either way I’m impressed and I found it to be a very enjoyable stat. 

That is definately a positive.  But this also might be the worst uconn team we've ever played.....i want to see us win 2 or 3 together before saying we are turning a corner.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322

6 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

That is definately a positive.  But this also might be the worst uconn team we've ever played.....i want to see us win 2 or 3 together before saying we are turning a corner.

They could easily be the worst. One thing, however, that gives me hope is that last year’s UConn team wasn’t much better and they gave us all we could handle. I think that shows a glimpse into how much more productive KB’s offense can be compared to gilbert’s

Guest Jonesy Bull
5 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

They could easily be the worst. One thing, however, that gives me hope is that last year’s UConn team wasn’t much better and they gave us all we could handle. I think that shows a glimpse into how much more productive KB’s offense can be compared to gilbert’s

KB does give me hope.. We need see more of this against BYU especially since they are not a high level defense.

Edited by Jonesy Bull

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,007
  • Days Won:  38

6 minutes ago, Jonesy Bull said:

KB does give me hope.. We need see more of this against BYU especially since they are not a high level defense.

So hopefully no 40 burger on us before the half since will sustain drives?

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

7 minutes ago, mjadams said:

Special teams is better!!!

Let's not get carried away. Blocked kick. Most kickoffs landing around the 15. We gave UCONN great starting position most of the game. 

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,698

6 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Let's not get carried away. Blocked kick. Most kickoffs landing around the 15. We gave UCONN great starting position most of the game. 

It was partially sarcasm but you did say blocked kick instead of kicks....so I stick with my statement. Oh and our kicker scored!

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  484
  • Days Won:  1

33 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

So hopefully no 40 burger on us before the half since will sustain drives?

As pessimistic as I may have felt earlier in the season, after the UCONN game I feel like we are headed back in the right direction. I think having Mitch focus on blocking really helps the dreadful o-line, which in turn opens up the run game, which in turn helps the passing game by keeping the opponent's defense on their toes. When the run game gets going, it takes pressure off McCloud, which helps him perform better (aside from your freshman mistakes). It also seems like there has been some success in finding guys who are good at running those precise routes needed for the KB offense to really shine, like Bryce Miller and Weaver. Mathis has also really been stepping up at TE. 

Maybe my optimism isn't warranted, and we definitely need to see how we do against a better opponent, but things seem to be moving in the right direction now IMO. 

As of now, I don't think CCS is going to get fired this year. I just don't think Michael Kelly wants to deal with that huge buyout as it currently is, and the reality is that things can't get much worse in another year. That means another year of KB, and he seems to be making the right moves in that case by getting a lot of the younger players playtime and seeing what they can do. Rely less on the seniors for the rest of the year, and find the best talent in the younger guys that really fit the system.   

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, OcalaBull2 said:

UConn’s defense was statistically better this year than last year so you could be on to something