• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How would you fix the Defense? CCS watches my posts for suggestions...lol

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

BJM is too busy talking about his ancestor's story than talking about his performance running the defense.

That’s a pretty unfair statement...his answer about ancestry had nothing to do with a question about performance of the running defense.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That’s a pretty unfair statement...his answer about ancestry had nothing to do with a question about performance of the running defense.

It had more to do with the performance of the defense than it did with his ancestry. 

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It had more to do with the performance of the defense than it did with his ancestry. 

Again, the context of the question...

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

Again, the context of the question...

Something to the effect of how do you feel about the fans suffering thru the horribleness that has been the coaching regime you are a part of and have greatly contributed to? “F*** the fans and them idiotically continuing to support and finance the garbage we continue to serve them weekly, did I mention I was a first generation Haitian?”. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Something to the effect of how do you feel about the fans suffering thru the horribleness that has been the coaching regime you are a part of and have greatly contributed to? “F*** the fans and them idiotically continuing to support and finance the garbage we continue to serve them weekly, did I mention I was a first generation Haitian?”. 

Actually it was “how do you deal with negativity of the fans.” It was a personal question to him. So he he said I don’t let it bother me because of my upbringing and then pointed out what they were trying to do going forward. I certainly would not want to hear him say “that it bothers me what the fans think.” I don’t support the guy as a DC but jumping his ass on this answer is weak.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

I know Roberts isn't the best out there, but we don't have replacements that are definitively better. Davis, while is the most athletic / speedy, gets beat a lot in coverage and is smaller. Hes probably better suited for nickel or dime corner at the moment. Lapointe isnt bad, but I've not seen him make plays when he does having playing time. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

4 hours ago, Corey lea said:

It's obvious BJM is over his head and CCS is not helping the situation. I'm mainly concerned with personnel decision with our limited talent gap.

1. Macon should never come off the field and I don't care what package you are running.

2. Boyles and Grier should never be on the field at the same time. They have a hard time filling the correct gaps as it is and when both are going in the wrong gaps....we have trouble.

3. Why is Roberts ever on the field besides special teams. Surely Davis and Lapointe can do better. He is constantly out of position and it hurts us often.

4. What are we saving D. Evans for? Hampton gets beat often and misses tackles.

5. I would like to see more of Jones and Thaxton on the field.

6. Studstill  and Sails are solid a few missed tackles, but overall been good. 

7. Bellamy is flashing. 

#2 are you admitting that missing Sawtelle is a big deal to the defense? 

Edited by WhoRUSF

13 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Actually it was “how do you deal with negativity of the fans.” It was a personal question to him. So he he said I don’t let it bother me because of my upbringing and then pointed out what they were trying to do going forward. I certainly would not want to hear him say “that it bothers me what the fans think.” I don’t support the guy as a DC but jumping his ass on this answer is weak.

A major portion of being a coach is political and fundraising and anything that sounds like it is skirting responsibility or doesn’t care about the people that are paying you handsomely to fail is completely idiotic. A simple they deserve better than we are giving them and I need to fix that is really all you need to say, to think that anyone cares about you personally when you are failing is tone deaf and about what we have come to expect from this administration. 

26 minutes ago, puc86 said:

A major portion of being a coach is political and fundraising and anything that sounds like it is skirting responsibility or doesn’t care about the people that are paying you handsomely to fail is completely idiotic. A simple they deserve better than we are giving them and I need to fix that is really all you need to say, to think that anyone cares about you personally when you are failing is tone deaf and about what we have come to expect from this administration. 

He has actually alluded to that in previous interviews but again this question is as asked in a personal manner. Again, I would direct you to the question. Also, I am not expecting a coordinator to be all that media savvy...there is a reason they speak on Thursdays and not Saturdays after the game.  

Edited by NewEnglandBull

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He has actually alluded to that in previous interviews but again this question is as asked in a personal manner. Again, I would direct you to the question. Also, I am not expecting a coordinator to be all that media savvy...there is a reason they speak on Thursdays and not Saturdays after the game.  

I expect anyone thats ever seen an interview or press conference  to know that trying to answer direct questions or to give what you feel is in depth answers is a horrible idea.