• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How would you fix the Defense? CCS watches my posts for suggestions...lol

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

It's obvious BJM is over his head and CCS is not helping the situation. I'm mainly concerned with personnel decision with our limited talent gap.

1. Macon should never come off the field and I don't care what package you are running.

2. Boyles and Grier should never be on the field at the same time. They have a hard time filling the correct gaps as it is and when both are going in the wrong gaps....we have trouble.

3. Why is Roberts ever on the field besides special teams. Surely Davis and Lapointe can do better. He is constantly out of position and it hurts us often.

4. What are we saving D. Evans for? Hampton gets beat often and misses tackles.

5. I would like to see more of Jones and Thaxton on the field.

6. Studstill  and Sails are solid a few missed tackles, but overall been good. 

7. Bellamy is flashing. 

Edited by Corey lea
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

What did CCS ever do to you ?

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

What did CCS ever do to you ?

Should I break out the doll again....

Sit BJM and take over play calling CCS.... this area, I have full confidence in you

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Should I break out the doll again....

Sit BJM and take over play calling CCS.... this area, I have full confidence in you

I used to believe Corey was just a huge CCS mark, then I was on the fence but there is just no way he isn't trolling. He knows his takes are pretty close to the only thing less popular than CCS on this board its almost impossible that he would try to directly attach himself to CCS without some type of malice. 

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Our corners play off coverage too much. Jam someone and get them off their routes. 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,209
  • Days Won:  25

Even rats jump off burning ships. CCS is not a good defensive coach. Our defense has regressed significantly since year one.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Thought Jean would rebound this year but yea he is looking like Woodie 2.0 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  484
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Skingraft said:

Agreed.

14 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Even rats jump off burning ships. CCS is not a good defensive coach. Our defense has regressed significantly since year one.

I don't think CCS has ever really been hands on with the defense while he's been here. He seems to have a really hands off approach in regards to his head coaching style, in other words, he prefers to act mostly as a sort of mentor life coach towards the players and lets the coordinators do what they want. He's also too loyal to his coordinators, and keeps them around for too long when things aren't working. He brought both BJM and Sterlin Gilbert from Texas, despite poor performance. 

He needs to get hands on with the defense. He did it at Texas during his last season, but it was too little too late. Who knows if it will make a difference, but clearly BJM isn't cutting it right now. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,209
  • Days Won:  25

2 minutes ago, Vivadiscordia said:

Agreed.

I don't think CCS has ever really been hands on with the defense while he's been here. He seems to have a really hands off approach in regards to his head coaching style, in other words, he prefers to act mostly as a sort of mentor life coach towards the players and lets the coordinators do what they want. He's also too loyal to his coordinators, and keeps them around for too long when things aren't working. He brought both BJM and Sterlin Gilbert from Texas, despite poor performance. 

He needs to get hands on with the defense. He did it at Texas during his last season, but it was too little too late. Who knows if it will make a difference, but clearly BJM isn't cutting it right now. 

BJM is too busy talking about his ancestor's story than talking about his performance running the defense.