• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Michael Kelly Twitter as of late

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

3 minutes ago, usf97 said:

That reminds me of Kelly's PR campaign back in November 2018 where he said basically:

• Yes I know everybody is upset
  • Why would I start from scratch when I already have a coach who has had success in the past and who wants to be here. (Essentially all of the problems are Sterlin Gilbert's fault)
  • USF hasn't accomplished anything in football prior to Charlie Strong. 

I am still amazed that somehow that worked. Everyone bought that hook, line and sinker and were expecting an 8-5 to 10-2 season. 

I was like...no, that doesn't make sense. Why would I keep a coach here based on nothing other than you saying he wants to be here. (Which he doesn't from what we can tell).

I believe the success of that PR actually puts much more pressure on Kelly to having to make a move at the end of this season because the expectations were so much higher. He might have been better off just saying, we have this horrible buyout with CCS. Will anyone please donate to help us pay this off or this is going to get much, much worse.  

I still don’t understand why he hitched his wagon to Chuckles.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

19 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

MK is well versed in PR & Communications. Look how he handled the Sterlin Gilbert deal. I firmly believe he has come to the conclusion that CCS isn’t going to get it done, and has already begun weighing his options for next year. 

I fully expect this to go down as a resignation of sorts, rather than CCS getting flat out fired. 

"Mutual" parting of the ways sir

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

4 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

What else was he going to do/say?

3 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

What else was he going to do/say?

Nothing

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I can't see resigning and giving up the obscene money.

I’m sure there will still be buyout of sorts. Maybe it’s not a resignation, but a mutual parting of ways. Point being, I don’t see MK being the guy that wants to fire a guy and make a huge ordeal about it. He seems to be very sensitive to how things are worded and the overall perception of the program. Could even save us a couple of bucks in the long run

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

13 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

Why would he resign now? 

I doubt Kelly really has the backbone to see it through but he could make CCS's life miserable to the point that CCS would be willing to negotiate a buyout early. 

Per the contract, is Kelly required to renew the contracts of the assistant coaches or the S&C coach?

Get rid of them all and leave CCS as a coach in name only.

CCS would be like George Constanza in that episode where his employer had a 1 year contract with him and couldn't get rid of him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Voice_(Seinfeld)

Guest Jonesy Bull
16 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Did he really have a choice this year, given the contract.  I think he was "hoping" that Chuckie could get it done, but I think he sees now that ain't happening.

He just had to bide his time.  It will be an interesting off season (and we have Basketball to look forward to).

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

Just now, usf97 said:

I doubt Kelly really has the backbone to see it through but he could make CCS's life miserable to the point that CCS would be willing to negotiate a buyout early. 

Per the contract, is Kelly required to renew the contracts of the assistant coaches or the S&C coach?

CCS would be like George Constanza in that episode where his employer had a 1 year contract with him and couldn't get rid of him.

You really want to play hardball, you bring in a very antagonistic academic review committee to approve all his recruits.

I suggested you tell him he's shortly going to be sitting in the press box for the games and the world will know he's no longer the real coach. Others felt that would stop us from getting another coach. Trouble is, with no options for CCS that I can think of I don't think you can easily run him off.

14 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Or it could be Weekend at Bernie’s style.  Put some sun glasses and a head set on Chuckles and no one would know the difference.

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

31 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

You really want to play hardball, you bring in a very antagonistic academic review committee to approve all his recruits.

I suggested you tell him he's shortly going to be sitting in the press box for the games and the world will know he's no longer the real coach. Others felt that would stop us from getting another coach. Trouble is, with no options for CCS that I can think of I don't think you can easily run him off.

I said something similar a while back. Most thought it foolish at that time. I stand by it. MAYBE something like this would get the rest of the coaches off their collective asses and start holding everybody accountable and actually coaching these kids to their abilities. Otherwise they obviously suck as bad as CCS and also need to be gone at the end of the season.

• Upvote 1