• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  2

As terrible as our record makes us look, lets put the season so far into perspective.

1. We lost to playoff caliber team in Wisconsin. I know a lot of us expected for the team to be competitive, but when you sit back and actually think about it did anyone really expect us to keep it close against a top 5 team?

2. We lost to a GT team that we probably should have beat. Had McCloud come in earlier, and had a couple of calls gone our way instead of GT's we win this game. Hell, I still think Cronk crossed the plain and should have been given a touchdown putting us up by 3. This one definitely stings. 

3. We lost to an SMU team that is arguably the best team in the conference right now. They are one of the only 2 schools that is bowl eligible after week 6 (Ohio St. is the other) and have a solid win against a ranked TCU team. I am calling a SMU vs Cincinnati AAC championship game. 

4. Our two wins were decisive, even with a young redshirt freshman quarterback who is going to make young redshirt freshman quarterback mistakes. 

I mention all of this to say, maybe it is not the end of the world. I don't think we are good enough to stay competitive against Memphis or Cincinnati, but I feel like we should be able to make the BYU, Navy, and ECU games competitive. The UCF game is a toss up because I'm not sure how good or bad they are this year, and the same with Temple. But I feel like we should be able to ink out another win or two. I think the BYU game will tell us everything we need to know about this team, since they are not bottom dwellers (UConn), FCS (SC St.), or a top 25 team. 

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Agree....my biggest concern is the defense actually right now.

I'd thought they would be better at this point.

With McCloud I see improvement in the offense, but cant say same for defense. 

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

If we somehow end the season at 5 wins that Tech game will be the one we remember. How I wish we could replay that one....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

Had we won GT we likely would have had a good chance for 6 wins. 

UCF is looking mortal right now, I can't write off anything given the game is in Orlando, but maybe, just maybe the team improves enough to actually beat them.

BYU is 2-3 as well although two of their losses are to top 25 teams (one of them by 26 points). If BYU shows up cold we have a chance-that is a major time change from Utah.