• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Seen on twitter - Ford suspended

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

33 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

If it truly is weed than CCS is a dinosaur and needs to go because we need Ford on the field to be bowl eligible.  

We've had 27 pages on this and it's not even clear what he's suspended for ......? And I honestly don't think we need Ford to win 2 more games, we've got enough playmakers. The team, players and coaches, just need to execute like they have in our previous wins.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,517
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Look at how many kids he's kicked out that HE recruited to USF. His attrition rate for kids he consigned by extending and honoring a commitable offer/allowed to transfer in is bad. Just like those kids are ultimately responsible for their decisions CCS is ultimately responsible for his decisions to allow them on campus and create holes in his roster. Evals aren't just about the football part they're about the player/person as a whole. Something in his process is bad, the attrition rates highlight that. A kid failing to stick at your program is no different if it's off the field or on the field issues. Both mean the coach failed at an eval, which ultimately falls on the man in charge. Period.

Also, GTFO with "you just hate CCS" I know it's 2019 and you can't just have a point backed up with facts to come to a conclusion and your only option is "you're just a hater" but lol @you. I gave CCS until the Navy game before I even made a stance on him at USF. Yes his RESULTS have led me to believe he should be let go however if he pulls a rabbit out of the hat and gets back to a bowl I would be in favor of him staying. Unfortunately our performances against teams with pulse since he's been here tells me that's unlikely. 

In the end you guys are chitting on CCS for DISCIPLINING a player that BROKE a RULE ...so yes the term "hater" of CCS fits. He kicked 11 players off the team...if they were adding to the toxic environment then so be it. That's life. Companies and the NFL do it all the time. If you break rules at your job you get fired.  Why should CCS condone dudes breaking rules? Just so he can keep them on the field? Are you f++king serious? Once again, hate CCS all you want but to get mad at him for "DISCIPLINING" players is stupid.  And trust me when I say in real life Im not a saint. But if I ever did wrong, broke a law or a rule, I've always accepted the fact that i chose to do wrong and not blame somebody else or society. Im sure CCS wouldnt throw away good talent just for the sport of it. Sometimes people just gotta go. 

Edited by Gatorbull325
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Hasn't it been said that Ford broke a USF rule? Why aren't we ******** about USF hating on weed smokers?

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,334
  • Days Won:  43

At this point might as well keep Ford out until next season so he doesn’t lose a year of eligibility this season.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

At this point might as well keep Ford out until next season so he doesn’t lose a year of eligibility this season.

I think he only played 2 games so he could still play 2 more and be ok for a red shirt. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

54 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Hasn't it been said that Ford broke a USF rule? Why aren't we ******** about USF hating on weed smokers?

That doesn't fit some people's agenda .....

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

8 hours ago, JTrue said:

it's clearly charlie strong's rule. he leaves a wake of suspended and dismissed players anywhere he goes. we haven't had this issue with other coaches.

12 hours ago, Triple B said:

I actually care about both ..... and I really think Charlie does, too. Whatever Ford has done, or hasn't done (has it been verified it's weed?), he's broken an institution rules. It's a life lesson and as hokey as it sounds, CCS was hired to win games AND produce contributing student athletes. Hopefully before this is all over, he does both.

so because he allegedly smokes weed means he can't be a contributing student athlete? It's backward thinking like this that is why he has kicked all these kids off.

BTW him kicking them out of school for something that is legal in 47 states(and that a majority of people in this country think is no big deal) will not help them in life. It seems like a pretty harsh and unnecessary punishment.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

8 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

In the end you guys are chitting on CCS for DISCIPLINING a player that BROKE a RULE ...so yes the term "hater" of CCS fits. He kicked 11 players off the team...if they were adding to the toxic environment then so be it. That's life. Companies and the NFL do it all the time. If you break rules at your job you get fired.  Why should CCS condone dudes breaking rules? Just so he can keep them on the field? Are you f++king serious? Once again, hate CCS all you want but to get mad at him for "DISCIPLINING" players is stupid.  And trust me when I say in real life Im not a saint. But if I ever did wrong, broke a law or a rule, I've always accepted the fact that i chose to do wrong and not blame somebody else or society. Im sure CCS wouldnt throw away good talent just for the sport of it. Sometimes people just gotta go. 

How are these kids getting on campus? Who is extending these scholarship offers? It's hilarious that you think he isn't some way responsible for repeatedly bringing these toxic players into the fold. If you're the boss you're responsible for your hires and how they turn out in your organization, full stop. It's not about how he's disciplining kids it's about him repeatedly having to to purge his recruits and transfers. Just as the kids are responsible for their actions CCS is responsible for letting their actions impact The USF program. That's what I ultimately care about you can keep licking CCS's boots though. 

Edited by Bull Dozer

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

How are these kids getting on campus? Who is extending these scholarship offers? It's hilarious that you think he isn't some way responsible for repeatedly bringing these toxic players into the fold. If you're the boss you're responsible for your hires and how they turn out in your organization, full stop. It's not about how he's disciplining kids it's about him repeatedly having to to purge his recruits and transfers. Keep licking CCS's boots though. 

absolutely. ultimately he is responsible for creating the "toxic" environment.

I believe 8 of 11 that were dismissed last year were signed by him. I feel bad for these kids.

He has ruined any chance they had at getting a diploma and the better life that comes with it over his archaic rule.

Perhaps if he really wanted the best for them he would provide counseling and rehab.  I'm sure some of them haven't had the best environments to grow up in. His harsh penalties for something that is no longer a big deal to society certainly won't help.