• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Seen on twitter - Ford suspended

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

7 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

And? I would love for it to be legal everywhere and companies stop drug testing employees, but it wont happen. I dont want players that are undisciplined. In the real world, I've seen so many dudes on probation violate  and go to jail b/c they could freaking take a few months off from smoking weed. I get it, getting high is awesome, but geez, when you are risking your job, jail and financial stability for it, then you are an undisciplined dumbass. Unfortunately no weed is a rule on this team like many other places. Get the phuck over it.  

what an archaic rule that will cost him another $5M per year job. talk about a dumb***

unfortunately we had to witness him completely implode another program.

here's hoping we hire someone more in touch with today's youth.

Edited by Bull94
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,319
  • Days Won:  10

Dissension with a rule does not justify breaking it.  Either follow the rule and work to get it changed or break it and take your shots like a grownup.  That is how the real world works, at least it did.  I'm not sure what it is turning into...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,698
  • Days Won:  2

13 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Dissension with a rule does not justify breaking it.  Either follow the rule and work to get it changed or break it and take your shots like a grownup.  That is how the real world works, at least it did.  I'm not sure what it is turning into...

I cant agree more. Not sure whats Ford problem is but really dont care. All I need to know is that he put himself in a position not only to let his teammates down but himself as well. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,434
  • Days Won:  422

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

listen I couldn't care less about Ford. I care about this program. his archaic rules are destroying USF just as he did at Texas.

he is not a guidance counselor. he was hired to win football games and is paid $5M (some of which is my money) to do so.

Pot is legal in some form  in 47 states.

I actually care about both ..... and I really think Charlie does, too. Whatever Ford has done, or hasn't done (has it been verified it's weed?), he's broken an institution rules. It's a life lesson and as hokey as it sounds, CCS was hired to win games AND produce contributing student athletes. Hopefully before this is all over, he does both.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Bull94 on lunch break....it’s all good ...🤘

422EE30B-3F03-44B5-8485-459C85F89EC1.jpeg

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

5 hours ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Every man is responsible for himself. CCS gives them opportunity and guidance. If the athlete still wants to mess up then it's on that athlete. CCS can't control what another man CHOOSES to become. People make the wrong choices on choosing people all of the time. Hence why this country's divorce rate is so high. I get it you hate CCS, but once again these type of attacks are just stupid. Stop while you are at it or choose another thing to use to chit on him with. Johnny ford knows the rules. So if he got caught breaking the rules its his fault and nobody else's. P.S if you fail a drug test at alabama you will get suspended as well. 

Look at how many kids he's kicked out that HE recruited to USF. His attrition rate for kids he consigned by extending and honoring a commitable offer/allowed to transfer in is bad. Just like those kids are ultimately responsible for their decisions CCS is ultimately responsible for his decisions to allow them on campus and create holes in his roster. Evals aren't just about the football part they're about the player/person as a whole. Something in his process is bad, the attrition rates highlight that. A kid failing to stick at your program is no different if it's off the field or on the field issues. Both mean the coach failed at an eval, which ultimately falls on the man in charge. Period.

Also, GTFO with "you just hate CCS" I know it's 2019 and you can't just have a point backed up with facts to come to a conclusion and your only option is "you're just a hater" but lol @you. I gave CCS until the Navy game before I even made a stance on him at USF. Yes his RESULTS have led me to believe he should be let go however if he pulls a rabbit out of the hat and gets back to a bowl I would be in favor of him staying. Unfortunately our performances against teams with pulse since he's been here tells me that's unlikely. 

Edited by Bull Dozer

37 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Look at how many kids he's kicked out that HE recruited to USF. His attrition rate for kids he consigned by extending and honoring a commitable offer/allowed to transfer in is bad. Just like those kids are ultimately responsible for their decisions CCS is ultimately responsible for his decisions to allow them on campus and create holes in his roster. Evals aren't just about the football part they're about the player/person as a whole. Something in his process is bad, the attrition rates highlight that. A kid failing to stick at your program is no different if it's off the field or on the field issues. Both mean the coach failed at an eval, which ultimately falls on the man in charge. Period.

Also, GTFO with "you just hate CCS" I know it's 2019 and you can't just have a point backed up with facts to come to a conclusion and your only option is "you're just a hater" but lol @you. I gave CCS until the Navy game before I even made a stance on him at USF. Yes his RESULTS have led me to believe he should be let go however if he pulls a rabbit out of the hat and gets back to a bowl I would be in favor of him staying. Unfortunately our performances against teams with pulse since he's been here tells me that's unlikely. 

So that’s a “maybe” for you? 😀

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

So that’s a “maybe” for you? 😀

As things stand if the season was over today and we had the $$$ I would want him gone. He has a chance to redeem himself with some good wins over quality opponents coming up. 

11 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

As things stand if the season was over today and we had the $$$ I would want him gone. He has a chance to redeem himself with some good wins over quality opponents coming up. 

I am with you there.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,831
  • Days Won:  67

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

I actually care about both ..... and I really think Charlie does, too. Whatever Ford has done, or hasn't done (has it been verified it's weed?), he's broken an institution rules. It's a life lesson and as hokey as it sounds, CCS was hired to win games AND produce contributing student athletes. Hopefully before this is all over, he does both.

I just want the team to win games, if the kids turn out well than good, if they don’t then no biggie, their choice.  If it truly is weed than CCS is a dinosaur and needs to go because we need Ford on the field to be bowl eligible.