• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Seen on twitter - Ford suspended

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

This thread reminds me of a movie....

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

53 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

Ford has growing up to do yes, but Charlie needs a lot of development in coaching and grooming talent on  the field. He is a strict disciplinarian and is a "life coach". If he doesn't coach or develop players, how can he not coach them into fine young men? Ford should have been growing as a person under strong, but he is doing the opposite. So in other words CCS is not developing character in our players, growing boys in strong men on the field, or developing character? He is in the top 15 highest earning coaches and brings nothing to our program.

Nah. I disagree with the majority of this post. CCS has a lot to be desired as a football coach, but his record in developing people is pretty much unchallenged. Unless you think trying to get teenagers to focus on academics and quit smoking weed is your big beef.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Nah. I disagree with the majority of this post. CCS has a lot to be desired as a football coach, but his record in developing people is pretty much unchallenged. Unless you think trying to get teenagers to focus on academics and quit smoking weed is your big beef.

But smoking marijuana unlike ever other type of smoke is good for you and is a medicine that cures every single type of ailment, and sure they used to say the same thing about cigarettes and snake oil but this time it’s true I read it on the internet from some url that a bunch of guys that all laughed alike and smelt like pachouli oil gave me.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, puc86 said:

But smoking marijuana unlike ever other type of smoke is good for you and is a medicine that cures every single type of ailment, and sure they used to say the same thing about cigarettes and snake oil but this time it’s true I read it on the internet from some url that a bunch of guys that all laughed alike and smelt like pachouli oil gave me.

Not playing football is good for you, too. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Not playing football is good for you, too. 

That’s just what those silly brain surgeons try to say; I doubt they ever even played contacts sports. I have probably had more than 30 concussions and I’m the poster child for mental health.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

He failed to help FORD develop his character clearly. I don't hate CCS, but he is clearly overpaid and overrated. I called a spade a spade. CCS is drastically overpaid and clearly not developing these players or preparing them to play. How many times have you heard him say for three straight seasons that we were not prepared and we are not  BIG or STRONG enough. He has had three years to improve the game preparation and strength of these players.   Yet he said his philosophy is to be a mentor/ life coach instead of help coach offense, special teams, defense, or basic fundamentals such as tackling. I just don't see how a guy that prides himself on being a disciplinarian and life coach can't reach  or coach his biggest threat on offense.

Pfff...you are way off in terms of him not building better people...

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

8 hours ago, JTrue said:

This. 

However it's a totally fair argument that he doesn't have a good grasp on who he can reach/will fit in his culture. His attrition rate here with kids he signed leaves a lot to be desired. 

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, it's his fault that these kids can't smoke weed and be responsible young adults. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 hour ago, Corey lea said:

Yeah, it's his fault that these kids can't smoke weed and be responsible young adults. 

it's his fault for signing kids that don't fit into his "culture"

I believe 8 of the 11 he kicked off last year were signed by him.

I think he would be better suited for one of the service academies.

we aren't the type of program that attracts kids who would follow draconian rules.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,209
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, Bull94 said:

it's his fault for signing kids that don't fit into his "culture"

I believe 8 of the 11 he kicked off last year were signed by him.

I think he would be better suited for one of the service academies.

we aren't the type of program that attracts kids who would follow draconian rules.

MY point exactly, if he is some life coach as he puts it, how can he not reach the kids he signs to play for his program?