• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF conference title drought

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Days Won:  10

Could it be as simple as money?  I mean, could fundraising be the critical path even though there are many other elements?

I don't know a lot about it, but I see how a dearth of funds when a team is in our situation could limit our options.  I'm not sure people here want to acknowledge that.  Buyout this, hire with conditions, build the IPF.  I thank God I am not Kelly.

If it truly is money that has kept those two programs from progressing, (and I believe that it very well could be) then it starts to get to be understandable.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

9 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

We have a good BB team, maybe the best we have ever had and still unlikely to even compete for the conference title,

That's kind of oxymoronish ..... If this is indeed the best BB team we've ever had, there's no way in hell they're not likely to compete for the conference title. Not saying they are or will, but your statement doesn't hold water.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,845
  • Days Won:  67

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

That's kind of oxymoronish ..... If this is indeed the best BB team we've ever had, there's no way in hell they're not likely to compete for the conference title. Not saying they are or will, but your statement doesn't hold water.

We have had some pretty good teams in the past, maybe better and never won the championship then so why in the hell would we start now.  Memphis recruits this year are ridiculous, Houston and Cincy historically own us, our great does not match others great so yeah it holds water.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,509
  • Days Won:  422

2 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

We have had some pretty good teams in the past, maybe better and never won the championship then so why in the hell would we start now.  Memphis recruits this year are ridiculous, Houston and Cincy historically own us, our great does not match others great so yeah it holds water.

If this team is better than the last NCAA team, there's no way they're not likely to compete for the title ..... and Houston and Cincy historically owning doesn't mean ****. Geezus, man, isn't there enough doom & gloom around football right now to scratch that "woe is us" itch? ....... I guess that should also be directed at the OP.

12 minutes ago, Grateful Dad said:

Could it be as simple as money?  I mean, could fundraising be the critical path even though there are many other elements?

I don't know a lot about it, but I see how a dearth of funds when a team is in our situation could limit our options.  I'm not sure people here want to acknowledge that.  Buyout this, hire with conditions, build the IPF.  I thank God I am not Kelly.

If it truly is money that has kept those two programs from progressing, (and I believe that it very well could be) then it starts to get to be understandable.

Money is a factor but you think we could have won one despite this.  Thanks Judy for sticking it to the athletics department every chance you got, hope the honors building gets swallowed by a sinkhole.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

. Geezus, man, isn't there enough doom & gloom around football right now to scratch that "woe is us" itch? ....... I guess that should also be directed at the OP.

Nope, things are so bad in football that I figured I would branch out and hit all the sports,  however no need to piss and moan, no point,  it is what it is.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

We got a punchers chance...let’s see how this plays out. After this football season many on this board are not very good in making predictions. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

2 hours ago, Friscobull said:

We have a good BB team, maybe the best we have ever had and still unlikely to even compete for the conference title, not like we are in the SEC, what is the freakin point of following this University?

What does the BB team lack that make it unlikely to even compete for the conference title?   An OCA, IPF, or  Strength & Conditioning Facility?

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

How about the first team to break the streak gets a parade and statues made of everybody... even the ball boys and equipment people. Let's get everybody motivated! Lol

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Still think half these posts are created by undercover trolls.