• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF conference title drought

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  329
  • Days Won:  0

So I was curious about how our streak of 24 years since our last conference title in a major sport (baseball, basketball, and football) stacked up with our brethren in D1. I did some research of the last conference title in a major sport for each of the 130 schools that play football at a D1 level. Apparently we do not have the longest drought... that award goes to N. C. State who hasn't won a conference title since their 1987 basketball season. USF has the second longest steak if I am not mistaken. It appears that everybody else has a conference title in a major men's sport since 1995. At least we aren't last... poor N. C. State. 

Edited by Bullcocky

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

38 minutes ago, Bullcocky said:

So I was curious about how our streak of 24 years since our last conference title in a major sport (baseball, basketball, and football) stacked up with our brethren in D1. I did some research of the last conference title in a major sport for each of the 130 schools that play football at a D1 level. Apparently we do not have the longest drought... that award goes to N. C. State who hasn't won a conference title since their 1987 basketball season. USF has the second longest steak if I am not mistaken. It appears that everybody else has a conference title in a major men's sport since 1995. At least we aren't last... poor N. C. State. 

Drought???  You are being very kind...hell, were dying of thirst here. I'm sure most folks are very hopeful that our basketball team will provide us with a Conf Championship. We are so so very far away from that potential for the football team. Our years with QF and crew we were close so so close. I only point out 2 of our programs. Good possibility one of the other sports may provide some hoopla. I think golf did??  Poss another but the sports I follow are the bball and fball. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

God how our athletics have been putrid in the sports that really matter and people follow...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Drought???  You are being very kind...hell, were dying of thirst here. 

That's still kind.  We don't even know what water tastes like.  

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

9 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

That's still kind.  We don't even know what water tastes like.  

Ha! I see what your doing..your getting one of those frivolous comment chains going...LIKE HOW THIRSTY ARE WE thingy. OK.....were so **** thirsty we make a Mad Max movie look like it was filmed at Water World...touche !!  

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1,341
  • Days Won:  2

Just think of all the money we would save if we stop buying tickets until we win a conference championship (mainly thinking football).

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  279
  • Days Won:  0

One doesn't need to taste water when we're drowning in Kool-Aid.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I would think women’s basketball will in prime position to win a conference championship once UConn leaves.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,832
  • Days Won:  67

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

God how our athletics have been putrid in the sports that really matter and people follow...

This is sad, we have never won a regular season season conference championship in football or basketball.  I have been following these teams for 30 years and not ******* one (obviously 22 years for football)  Not even mad, this is just pathetic.  We have a good BB team, maybe the best we have ever had and still unlikely to even compete for the conference title, not like we are in the SEC, what is the freakin point of following this University?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Friscobull said:

This is sad, we have never won a regular season season conference championship in football or basketball.  I have been following these teams for 30 years and not ******* one (obviously 22 years for football)  Not even mad, this is just pathetic.  We have a good BB team, maybe the best we have ever had and still unlikely to even compete for the conference title, not like we are in the SEC, what is the freakin point of following this University?

It is terrible...we don’t do what needs to be done to win championships in the two main sports.