• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong is asked how big the UConn game is

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If coaches are always coaching for their job why doesn’t he feel he is coaching for his? He doesn’t think he is a coach?

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,453
  • Days Won:  25

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Could try... I don't know, Coaching? That might work.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  810
  • Days Won:  1

23 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

He acted like he wasn't prepared to answer than question. Did he really think no one would ask?

He's a mumbling fool.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

It all makes sense if you go back and look at how this was all set up. In 2014, CCS got Texas to give him a 5 year, $5 million dollar a year contract that was fully guaranteed. No buyout. So after 3 seasons, UT says we have seen enough, we will pay you $10 million to leave. CCS knew he was getting $10 million in 2017 and 2018 no matter what. 

So what would you do in his shoes? Would you go somewhere and coach for free for two years and then let them just fire you for peanuts as his "Contract" would have you believe? Nope.  

CCS didn't learn any new tricks,  he just did the exact same thing to someone else. You want me, I need 3 more years on top of that $10 million that pays me another $2.5 million a year. Guaranteed, no buyout. Harlan went along with it. 

So if you were getting all of these millions and all you had to do is show up are you really going to "try"? Especially if you checked out years ago? The toughest part of your week is basically this weekly press conference, standing on the sidelines on game day and showing up for the post game press conference. That is what this is always going to look like. After this press conference, he goes back, pours himself a Scotch or whatever and his day is done. No more bad experiences until Saturday. Rinse and repeat. 

He knows at some point he will get fired and then he doesn't have to roll out this dog and pony show each week.  The con has already been done, he just has to wait it out. Next he will set up "life coach" services to help poor kids figure out how to be a man and get some government and or faith based program to pay him for it. 

It's actually very brilliant from that point of view. An 8 year con that nets you about $33 million just because you hired Clint Hurtt back in the day who was good at cheating at recruiting. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

35 minutes ago, puc86 said:

He knows we are playing UConn? 

Oh ****..He's doing that nervous finger drumming on the side of the podium not a good sign. :drummer:  Think he wants out of there...

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, BulledOver said:

Oh ****..He's doing that nervous finger drumming on the side of the podium not a good sign. :drummer:  Think he wants out of there...

He has never been particularly comfortable at the podium but I’m sure like any other person he likes it less when he is going to confront his failure.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

29 minutes ago, bullstampede9922 said:

I like the way you think, but drinking this early is frowned upon at my office....

Put some BT Bourbon Cream in your coffee.☕

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

He has never been particularly comfortable at the podium but I’m sure like any other person he likes it less when he is going to confront his failure.

Don't doubt that at all. If our D could keep UConn from running/passing all the over the field CKB could prob take just 10 plays executed properly and win this game. And of course the O line needs to block someone anyone just not each other... Win this game go back and regroup again. Could be a bloody BYU game

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,453
  • Days Won:  25

Does beating UConn really prove anything more than beating SCState did?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

42 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Try quitting, that would be different.