• Join Today

Join today and reduce ads presented

NewEnglandBull

Buyout is being reported at $5.2 million

Usf has no choice but do a buyout....program will be dead next year if Strong is still the coach and we finish with a 3 or so win this season. Will just have to pay it off over time like Holtz. 

1 minute ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Usf has no choice but do a buyout....program will be dead next year if Strong is still the coach and we finish with a 3 or so win this season. Will just have to pay it off over time like Holtz. 

I agree with this. Yesterday I said I wasn’t angry, just apathetic.... this buyout made me angry.

CCS was sold as a bargain, not one I really bought into, but this contract is criminal and anything but a deal.  It did not protect the school from coaching performance or failure considering his track record. And it’s hidden, sneaky hidden in the foundation, that alone should have raised some eyebrows.

I don’t see anyone in the seats next year if he stays, I don’t see many in the seats this year regardless. It harms the school brand to put this level of suck on TV, and a coordinator change is not going to do it. Program-killing is right.

Might as well put the rest of our games on espn8 the Ocho

Strong is likely highest paid coach in conference and yet the worst.  

If the offense was struggling but defense was solid like Temple I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. The whole team looks bad. Uconn and Usf are the two bottom teams in the conference.

Uconn is our best chance for next win...then very possible a 7 game losing streak. Ecu looks tough.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

Kelly will need to get creative with the finances.  He needs to keep the ball rolling on the IPF and find a way to buy out Chuckles.  Not an easy task.

59 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

That would be illegal. The money the donors gave are contractual to the IPF. 

Thought I said last night that I'd be willing to give them the okay to switch my donation from the IPF to the buyout.  

1 minute ago, CousinRicky said:

Thought I said last night that I'd be willing to give them the okay to switch my donation from the IPF to the buyout.  

Ditto

Has Kelly tweeted out his Stay Calm and play to your strengths tag line yet?

9 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

Strong is likely highest paid coach in conference and yet the worst.  

If the offense was struggling but defense was solid like Temple I'd give him the benefit of the doubt. The whole team looks bad. Uconn and Usf are the two bottom teams in the conference.

Uconn is our best chance for next win...then very possible a 7 game losing streak. Ecu looks tough.

This! We do nothing well. He has deconstructed us. We were a winning team and he made us a loser. We do nothing well. It’s not a talent issue. If it is he chose them.  He looks lost and unemotional. It sickens me worse than Skip. Skip was at least humble. This guy is smug and thinks he knows the problem. He doesn’t know he is the problem. Low energy and making us into a power run team again. It does not work here. It’s not the o lines fault because two of these guys thrived in the Gulf Coast. Rant over!

42 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I hope you are a trend 🤘