• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong is not a football coach, he is a life coach.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I don't think Louisville won in Tampa either, at least for a long time.  For a while, it was a home team thing going on...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,336
  • Days Won:  43

9 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

CJL never beat Louisville in Da’Ville....it was Skip Holtz that beat Strong at Cardinal Stadium.

Yup, I remember that game as it was an OT win for Skip Holtz and the Bulls. I was not impressed with Louisville’s defense so what does it say about coaching?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

On 9/28/2019 at 5:29 PM, NCBull said:

We should hire him as a Campus Rec coordinator.  

There's an idea to reduce any buyout... Change his position... Demote him, but risk keeping his salary. Let him get fed up/insulted and leave.  Would the contract say he's guaranteed salary to only be head coach?  I would imagine he is guaranteed a salary unless he leaves on his own.  

Don't mind me...just grasping at straws.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

12 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Got location wrong it was home game 2005 our first BE Conf game. Louisville #9. 45-14. CJL. Memorable game. Knew it wasn't SH so had to go to the Way Back Machine now known as wiki

Yes it was, but Bobby Petrino was their coach in 2005 not CSS.  Strong was at UL 2010 - 2013.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

47 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Yes it was, but Bobby Petrino was their coach in 2005 not CSS.  Strong was at UL 2010 - 2013.  

That's correct NAS. When Strong coached Ville he beat us pretty bad at homecoming (I was there) with Bridgewater at QB.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

Ok lets see...I was wrong on the location. I was wrong the CCS was coaching LV. I was right about CJL coaching. I was right about LV being ranked. I was right about USF winning. So by todays standards that's a passing score. If not I'll get my parents to buy me a passing grade.....$ 🧐    I thank you 2 sports historians. I will sleep better tonight knowing that I am now armed with the correct information.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

37 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Ok lets see...I was wrong on the location. I was wrong the CCS was coaching LV. I was right about CJL coaching. I was right about LV being ranked. I was right about USF winning. So by todays standards that's a passing score. If not I'll get my parents to buy me a passing grade.....$ 🧐    I thank you 2 sports historians. I will sleep better tonight knowing that I am now armed with the correct information.

Glad to hear that you will be sleeping better tonight...your participation trophy will be delivered soon, by UPS, courtesy of Wiki!

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

2 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Glad to hear that you will be sleeping better tonight...your participation trophy will be delivered soon, by UPS, courtesy of Wiki!

Praise The Lord...I want to thank the following people...NASGtP and NEBull  they made me what I am today...oh thank you, thank you

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

14 hours ago, gibbsak said:

There's an idea to reduce any buyout... Change his position... Demote him, but risk keeping his salary. Let him get fed up/insulted and leave.  Would the contract say he's guaranteed salary to only be head coach?  I would imagine he is guaranteed a salary unless he leaves on his own.  

Don't mind me...just grasping at straws.

Said something similar a couple weeks ago. Wouldn't be any different than firing him now if we still have to pay the salary.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

23 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

CJL never beat Louisville in Da’Ville....it was Skip Holtz that beat Strong at Cardinal Stadium.

Next you'll tell me it wasn't CJL that beat Notre Dame.  

• Haha 1