• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will CCS make it to the end of this season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 minute ago, bullsfan27 said:

Has an administration ever forced a head coach to quit

That's called firing.  No coach can be forced to quit and forfeit contracted pay, unless there was pics of him with a guy or girl who wasn't his wife, I guess.  

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

That's called firing.  No coach can be forced to quit and forfeit contracted pay, unless there was pics of him with a guy or girl who wasn't his wife, I guess.  

I was thinking forced to resign without pics or videos involved say handcuffing him by forcing decisions on him he doesn’t support

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Gotta be honest ... I never thought I'd say this but I think I might take Holtz over Strong at this point.  It's at least a push at this point which is more than I thought possible.

Skip went down a level and has had really good success almost every year.

I'm dubious CCS can succeed at any level at this point.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, bullsfan27 said:

I was thinking forced to resign without pics or videos involved say handcuffing him by forcing decisions on him he doesn’t support

Yeah, that wouldn't work on game day.  Coach will do whatever he sees fit no matter what he's told.  He's contractually entitled to his pay bloo matter what.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

Kelly is not a stupid guy. There is no way the Board of Trustees are not embarrased. How do you justify asking for money for athletic department fund raising with this garbage.

Coaches are not teaching big time football and they are not coaching in a big time way. 

As puc has testified to...The AAC is far from “big time football!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

3 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

Skip went down a level and has had really good success almost every year.

I'm dubious CCS can succeed at any level at this point.

viral video football GIF

He might be able to coach the peewee kids?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

8 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

If they can't get rid of him, then as I and others have said maybe he gets to stay in name only and be completely neutered.

Based on what I've seen from his in game coaching I don't think there's anything to neuter.

8 hours ago, slick1ru2 said:

He had a crappy staff he relied on way too much.  He learned and has done very well at LA Tech.

Our current staff has also proven capable of beating teams at a lower level.  But eerily like ole Skippy, they failed against FBS competition in years 2 and 3.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

Forgot to answer this thread's question...I think Charlie is toast after the way the SMU game went down, but not until the season ends.

Yes he owns one of the best single season records but he lost the game that mattered in 2017.  He has consistently lost against teams with a pulse, owns the longest losing streak in school history, the worst home loss and biggest margin of defeat. 

Now with SMU passing us by, there's nothing for fans to be hopeful about. Nothing that we appear to be building towards... and I think that's going to force Kelly to change his tune from 'get the IPF done' to 'win back the base'.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  20,998
  • Days Won:  38

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

Most of us knew this was how 2019 was going to play out and Kelly needed to get ahead of it. The move to change the offensive staff was the right call and it just hasn't panned out with Bell. Unfortunately it likely won't this year and will begin a long rebuild for this program.

Its documented on this board that I knew a year ago, at 7-0 and nationally ranked, we were headed for the cliff.

Players seem to be open, but if your offensive line doesn't exist, is that the OCs system?  Is that something that could be addressed?  I guess I am not sure which offense works well with no O line.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Players seem to be open, but if your offensive line doesn't exist, is that the OCs system?  Is that something that could be addressed?  I guess I am not sure which offense works well with no O line.

Since this season is basically over, why don't we just bench all the seniors on the O line and let the Fr get a chance to learn on the job.