• Join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other Bulls fans!

When will the BIG EAST get its own TV contract?

cee

Members do not see this ad, Register
getting Verizon DSL is one way...

I'm talking with USF to see if they can get the feed on campus.  If they can, we might be able to setup a watch party on campus, perhaps in the Marshall Center.   No guarantees there.  

I have already called some guys I know their as of monday its a no go

All I can say about this is if it's true then people have the right to continue bashing the programs marketing. If the campus is the only place in town that has access and they have two weeks to get something ready and drop the ball then there is just no excuse. Money shouldn't even be an issue here, I would assume it would cost very little and they might even be able to make a few bucs with beer/food sales.

When will USF get its own TV contract?

Never. Notre Dame is the only school with its own TV contract. All other schools are subject to their conference TV contract.

i'm tired of listening to games on the internet.. when will they start scheduling and/or contracting USF/Big East games on a major network

IF USF starts winning and people start watching, our games will be on TV.  The networks only care about eyeballs... and despite the fact that we are in a top 15 market, we don't draw a large share of viewers.

All I can say about this is if it's true then people have the right to continue bashing the programs marketing. If the campus is the only place in town that has access and they have two weeks to get something ready and drop the ball then there is just no excuse. Money shouldn't even be an issue here, I would assume it would cost very little and they might even be able to make a few bucs with beer/food sales.

I'd have to agree here.  Athletics Admin and Marketing should be doing whatever they can to ensure that it is on ESPN 360 on campus.  Then, they could put up a few large projection screens in the dome and charges a few bucks to cover costs and sell food and drinks to make a few bucks.  USF's largest ever watch party!!!

(who am I kidding, don't think they can pull this off)

Why is it that I can wake up on Saturday, turn on the TV, and catch some meaningless ACC or SEC game on a regional distribution like Jefferson Pilot?  Does anyone really care about Duke vs. NC State or Kentucky vs. Arkansas?  Maybe in basketball, but NOT in football.

The Big East should be able to set up something like this and tell ESPN to shove that ESPN360 with its big fat broadband data pipe up their keister.

as i said in the other thread... there is a stir on campus about this... people on campus are talking about this... it may have been a no go monday... but its not monday.  It may not happen, but at least some people with pull are trying to get answers and see if it is possible.

I'd have to agree here.  Athletics Admin and Marketing should be doing whatever they can to ensure that it is on ESPN 360 on campus.  Then, they could put up a few large projection screens in the dome and charges a few bucks to cover costs and sell food and drinks to make a few bucks.  USF's largest ever watch party!!!

(who am I kidding, don't think they can pull this off)

The article posted said that both the USF and Pitt campuses had espn360 so that doesn't seem to be an issue. Shoot, I'll take a classroom with one of those TV/VCR combos rolled in. Sell some refreshments and viola! A nice cheap and easy way to give the die hards a way to see the game. Something bigger like the marshall center or the dome would be great but at this point just giving us an option is good enough.

Why is it that I can wake up on Saturday, turn on the TV, and catch some meaningless ACC or SEC game on a regional distribution like Jefferson Pilot?  Does anyone really care about Duke vs. NC State or Kentucky vs. Arkansas?  Maybe in basketball, but NOT in football.

The Big East should be able to set up something like this and tell ESPN to shove that ESPN360 with its big fat broadband data pipe up their keister.

What he said.