• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Notre Dame looking at RJS for game

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,738
  • Days Won:  3

As I understand it the Galzers get a portion of EVERYTHING that happens at RJS. The TSA really sold the farm to make sure that they Bucs stayed here.

Interestingly, the Blake-Middleton game was held at RayJ this year. An annual money maker turned into A BIG FAT ZERO. The problem with this game is that it garners too many fans to be held at the school and not enough to make RayJ profitable, given the concession/parking fees that have to be paid out.

However, my good friend, County Commissioner Jim "Get My Attorney" Norman is working on shoving some 20K stadium onto a parcel of land. But, that's off topic...

No, this does nothing for USF whatsoever if ND plays [insert any team but us] at RayJ. However, it will be a huge draw.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

The game would be a great benefit to the Tampa area, but would be a negative to USF.  Joe can run his posts to the contrary all he wants, but if ND wants to play a college football game in RayJay, all they have to do is call USF.  By REFUSING to contact USF to play a game, they slap us in the face.  You should be ashamed to admit that you root for them...

Guest bullman33

Screw them and screw the tsa for begging for the game.  The tsa does squat for usf, and it keeps getting clearer and clearer that usf is more of a burden for the tsa then a desire.  

Sure the tsa would change out the sod for a nd game.  And they would also pay for it.  But for usf, no, we have to pony up the $$ in order to make it happen.

Stay in IN nd, or go to jax of you want a fl game.

Guest USFootball.

If this were to happen, USF wont be called for anything. ND doesnt need our permission to use the field. Does it suck for us, Yes. Are we going to benefit from it, No. But the point is, there is nothing we nor USF can do. Unfortunatly, this is how RJS will always be until we get our own stadium.

By the way, for someone that has lived in Tampa for more than 5 years, what exactly is the Tampa Sports Authority? Is it part of the Glazers or are they seperate? Just seems like they tend to have a lot of power that they shouldnt have or should they (Not talking about the LVille game)?

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

The worst thing to me is the promotion would probably be something like "Big time college football comes to Tampa".  Look how the city was falling all over itself this year to the FAMU crowd.  It almost seemed like they were the home team.

I don't really like it, or even that we were being considered for the site of the ACC title game, but then again it is not our stadium and I have more important things to be concerned with.  I do understand why the TSA would think it would be a great opportunity, and I'm sure they would paint the field for Notre Dame as part of the deal.

I don't think ND would play us here unless we had some type of financial revenue sharing agreement.  They are doing it for the money as well as the exposure.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880
  • Days Won:  0

By the way, for someone that has lived in Tampa for more than 5 years, what exactly is the Tampa Sports Authority? Is it part of the Glazers or are they seperate? Just seems like they tend to have a lot of power that they shouldnt have or should they (Not talking about the LVille game)?

http://www.tampasportsauthority.com/

If this were to happen, USF wont be called for anything. ND doesnt need our permission to use the field.

You obviously didn't understand the simple point I was making.  If ND wants to play in RayJay, all they need to do is call us and I feel very confident in saying that Doug Woolard will have a contract faxed to them in a very short period of time.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,738
  • Days Won:  3

The point is ND wants to play at RayJ...use the facility...to play the team of their choosing...showcasing their program.  USF is a non factor in this equation, as far as ND is concerned.

It has nothing to do with USF. We are tenants...not unlike a tractor pull as far as TSA is concerned.  Get ND and [insert team here] in on a USF bye week.

Not unlike the FAMU game. If they want that to be a regular / rotating gig - sans USF - TSA will find a way to do it.  We are the small fish in our own pond.  ::)

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  19
  • Days Won:  0

Tampa seems to be very short-sighted in this regard. On the one hand they will trip overthemselves trying to lure far-off teams to play here on occasion so that it can benefit from the traveling fans, but at the same time they fail to invest in the home program that will, if properly supported, be bringing in big time football teams on a regular basis. How silly is that?

If Tampa had a shred of common sense, they would be doing whatever it took to ensure that USF was getting great 1 for 1 games scheduled with marquee opponents.

You didn't understand my point either...