• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Notre Dame looking at RJS for game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

Bullheaded, I think Michigan playing at RJS would do the same.  It would be a positive.  This is the city's stadium, and it would benefit the city.  Its not an on campus stadium.  Either way, I think it would help USF get a game with ND in the future, and I'm all for that.  The benefit for USF would be in the future relationship.

Not what I asked, what I asked is what you would think if Michigan used ND's home stadium for one or their home games against someone who wasn't ND. I bet the irish would be have a sh!t fit.

And future relationship? What relationship would we be building? This would be a deal that would have nothing to do with USF, so we get a relationship mearly by them being in town? We certainly haven't built up any "relationships" with the schools playing in the Outback bowl.

The "benefits" I see here are:

1)Less respect

2)added recruiting competition

3)giving locals another game to go to aside from USF. ie...well ND is coming in town this year so I'll go to that instead of the USF game.

4)did I mention lack of respect for allowing another college team to come on in to our home and play a "home" game?

There may be benefits to the "area" and to ND but it all comes at a price to USF. The only way ND would really benefit us would be for them get off their high horse and join the BE.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not what I asked, what I asked is what you would think if Michigan used ND's home stadium for one or their home games against someone who wasn't ND. I bet the irish would be have a sh!t fit.

And future relationship? What relationship would we be building? This would be a deal that would have nothing to do with USF, so we get a relationship mearly by them being in town? We certainly haven't built up any "relationships" with the schools playing in the Outback bowl.

The "benefits" I see here are:

1)Less respect

2)added recruiting competition

3)giving locals another game to go to aside from USF. ie...well ND is coming in town this year so I'll go to that instead of the USF game.

4)did I mention lack of respect for allowing another college team to come on in to our home and play a "home" game?

There may be benefits to the "area" and to ND but it all comes at a price to USF. The only way ND would really benefit us would be for them get off their high horse and join the BE.

While I agree that it is a crappy deal and we need to let TSA know that...

There is a very BIG difference. ND owns their stadium and can tell Michigan to shove it.

USF doesn't own RayJay and can't do anything about it.

For TSA, it's a chance to make money. That's all - they won't turn away anyone who wants to a) rent the facility and B) bring people who will pay for parking and concessions.

There was a rumor a while back that FSU & Miami were looking at RayJay as a neutral site for their annual game.

While I agree that it is a crappy deal and we need to let TSA know that...

There is a very BIG difference. ND owns their stadium and can tell Michigan to shove it.

USF doesn't own RayJay and can't do anything about it.

For TSA, it's a chance to make money. That's all - they won't turn away anyone who wants to a) rent the facility and B) bring people who will pay for parking and concessions.

There was a rumor a while back that FSU & Miami were looking at RayJay as a neutral site for their annual game.

you both missed my point. obviously everything you said is true but my point was based on Joe's comment that USF would benefit from this. I was asking him theoretically what he would think if ND decided to let Michigan play a "home" game in their stadium. Somehow I doubt he or any other ND fan would be singing the same "oh we both benefit" tune. It's just more of the arrogant attitude of ND that they think anything associated with them is a benefit to others. Well screw them, it's a slap in the face to USF and the fact that we have no control over it is why I said my stance on a campus stadium may change.

As far as control, I would think we should still have some degree of leverage with them. We still pay them more in the end of the year then they'll get from ND so we should be able to apply some sort of preasure and at the very least we better throw one hell of a fight regardless of the results.

btw, this reminds me almost exactly of the incident with Beef o brady's and the USF watch party only on a larger scale. We have to find a way to put a stop to all the disrespect we get in our own back yard.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Bullheaded, I see your point, but having Michigan play at ND is not the same scenario.  ND Stadium is on campus, not a city stadium where also a pro team plays.  Did UCF think it was a bad thing when ND played FSU in Orlando a few years back?  I also think ND played Navy at the Citrus Bowl one year.  Its been done before, so I think you might be blowing it out of proportion.  For years, Army played Navy at the Vet in Philly (Temple's home stadium).  It doesn't have to be a bad thing.

The benefit I was referring to is ND willing to play USF in Tampa in the future based on playing there now.  Would you rather have Rutgers get to play ND every few years, or have USF step up and play another one of the big boys of college football?

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Would the TSA get the consession/parking money?  or woudl the Glazers?

Bullheaded, I see your point, but having Michigan play at ND is not the same scenario.  ND Stadium is on campus, not a city stadium where also a pro team plays.  Did UCF think it was a bad thing when ND played FSU in Orlando a few years back?  I also think ND played Navy at the Citrus Bowl one year.  Its been done before, so I think you might be blowing it out of proportion.  For years, Army played Navy at the Vet in Philly (Temple's home stadium).  It doesn't have to be a bad thing.

The benefit I was referring to is ND willing to play USF in Tampa in the future based on playing there now.  Would you rather have Rutgers get to play ND every few years, or have USF step up and play another one of the big boys of college football?

again you skirt the question. IF IF IF ND agreed to let Michigan play a home game in their stadium would you or would you not feel like it was a slap in the face? All the other issues are mearly ways to justify it or explain why that wouldn't happen. I'm talking about how you as a FAN would feel about it and again I bet you'd be pissed as hell.

So, your suggesting that USF and ND would actually play BASED on them playing a game in ray jay? ummmm, no way in hell that would be a deciding factor unless they had to agree to it in the first place and as jim mentioned we have no say in the matter so that aint gonna happen.

And yes, I'd bet that any UCF supporter was pissed off about it. Playing in the stadium for a bowl game is also a totally different thing, it's expected that other teams will play on your field.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Tom, if I see you coming into this post and saying "Go Irish", I'll kick your ass.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

Would the TSA get the consession/parking money?  or woudl the Glazers?

As I understand it the Galzers get a portion of EVERYTHING that happens at RJS. The TSA really sold the farm to make sure that they Bucs stayed here.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Well, to answer your question , yes that would be a slap in the face considering they are rivals.  ND isn't a rival of USF just yet, so I wouldn't consider it a slap in the face.  If Arizona State wanted to play Northwestern in South Bend, I wouldn't have a problem with it.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I dont think it benefits us at all. (BTW, the ND games in Orlando the last 10 years have been FSU and Navy "home"games, not a ND home game, which is what the game at RJS would be).

However, this is why I hate playing at RJS. Great facility...blah, blah, blah. We make no money for it, and therefore their priorities go Bucs, Bowl Game, Nuetral site games, USF. This nuetral site game would draw 68,000 plus money that ND would pay to rent the place.