• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Notre Dame looking at RJS for game

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

ND can take this game and shove it

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Its gonna be UF, 1 game, neutral site, Least that is the rumor as of now. Thats the reason they are looking at multiple venues.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

ND wants to play one regional game per year and switch it every 4 years.  In other words, one game in Tampa one year, one in the Meadowlands, one in Dallas, and one out west somewhere.  ND wants this for recruiting of course.  

You guys that say its a slap in the face are way off base.  I'm both a USF grad and an ND fan, and I think its good for both.  There is no doubt in my mind that the Irish will play USF in the future.  And lets be honest, they aren't exactly recruiting the same scholar athletes as USF.  Think about the money that will come into the Tampa area due to the Irish playing in Florida.  It would be like another Bowl weekend.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

Your Irish can kiss my BULL a$$

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

They wouldn't play us at Ray Jay... no chance.  They'd bring in Navy or someone else.  They wouldn't play a home game and have it be an away game.  

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I see them playing a military school here just like they did in Orlando

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

ND wants to play one regional game per year and switch it every 4 years.  In other words, one game in Tampa one year, one in the Meadowlands, one in Dallas, and one out west somewhere.  ND wants this for recruiting of course.  

You guys that say its a slap in the face are way off base.  I'm both a USF grad and an ND fan, and I think its good for both.  There is no doubt in my mind that the Irish will play USF in the future.  And lets be honest, they aren't exactly recruiting the same scholar athletes as USF.  Think about the money that will come into the Tampa area due to the Irish playing in Florida.  It would be like another Bowl weekend.

Ummm, the money will come to the area and not one red cent would make it to USF. So aside from having to deal with the loss of face of Notre **** playing in our home stadium against someone else How exactly would this benefit us?

On the flip side, would you feel it would benefit notre **** if USF had a home game against Michigan on ND's field? Somehow I doubt it. That school is so frickin arogant I can hardly believe it..to even THINK we would benefit from that  ::)

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

Just convert everyone in Florida to Islam or at least Protestant Christian to cut down ND's recruiting base. ;)

Seriously, that's all we need.  More UF jerkoffs floating around town with some ND leprechauns looking for their Lucky Charms.  ::)  

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

The TSA would kill to have ND play here. They won't play us, unless we are steadily ranked. They bring too much money to the table for any venue to turn them down.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Bullheaded, I think Michigan playing at RJS would do the same.  It would be a positive.  This is the city's stadium, and it would benefit the city.  Its not an on campus stadium.  Either way, I think it would help USF get a game with ND in the future, and I'm all for that.  The benefit for USF would be in the future relationship.

Bloomtown, not totally true, ND is starting to schedule teams in 2009 the likes of Nevada and Duke.  They want to keep 7 or so rival games and fill the rest in with 'lesser' Division 1A teams.