• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kerwin Bell - Hopefully Offense will start humming

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

13 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So in a round about way, his problem isn't that he doesn't run the QB, it's that he ran the QB in a lower division.

I feel I have been pretty clear that was my biggest issue. I also did not like his description of his offense or what I had seen of it from the highlight films I had watched (not because I don’t like that offense but because that we have never had an offensive line made me doubt we could run it). Some said he ran a dual threat offense I doubted that based on what he had said, the QBs he had selected and the videos I watched. Stats were given I wasn’t convinced because college football qb rushing stats are not as accurate as nfl stats when it comes to gauging a QBs dual threat ability. @206BULL provided me a link to something that showed drawn running plays for the qb with success and I didn’t question it again except to ask why he then didn’t bring that offense here because it certainly doesn’t even look vaguely familiar (almost as if he is being outclassed).

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

11 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I feel I have been pretty clear that was my biggest issue. I also did not like his description of his offense or what I had seen of it from the highlight films I had watched (not because I don’t like that offense but because that we have never had an offensive line made me doubt we could run it). Some said he ran a dual threat offense I doubted that based on what he had said, the QBs he had selected and the videos I watched. Stats were given I wasn’t convinced because college football qb rushing stats are not as accurate as nfl stats when it comes to gauging a QBs dual threat ability. @206BULL provided me a link to something that showed drawn running plays for the qb with success and I didn’t question it again except to ask why he then didn’t bring that offense here because it certainly doesn’t even look vaguely familiar (almost as if he is being outclassed).

But I assume you're 100% convinced his offense at Valdosta made running the QB a major part of the scheme. I mean, after looking at the stats (which you aren't all on board with) and more video, that's indisputable. Whether that makes said QB a "dual-threat" is open for interpretation based on your personal definition. 

Edited by JTrue

I would not feel comfortable speaking to his entire body of work there but the new evidence I saw would speak to that.

Just now, puc86 said:

I would not feel comfortable speaking to his entire body of work there but the new evidence I saw would speak to that.

Fair enough. I haven't looked at his entire 20 years, I only looked at the last few thinking he'd bring his current offense with the hire. But I wouldn't go to Western Union thinking they were going to send my message via the Pony Express either, despite that being part of their past.

I think what you are trying to do is to sell me on the past because the pony express would be far too advanced for what he has shown here, maybe message in a bottle bobbing thru the ocean without a rudder.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I think what you are trying to do is to sell me on the past because the pony express would be far too advanced for what he has shown here, maybe message in a bottle bobbing thru the ocean without a rudder.

That's ridiculous, who puts a rudder on their bottle?

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

That's ridiculous, who puts a rudder on their bottle?

29E0EF36-3E43-4103-8CD2-3601E9F8216A.jpeg

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

29E0EF36-3E43-4103-8CD2-3601E9F8216A.jpeg

And besides, I can't imagine anyone would look back 10-20 years ago and cling to it with every fiber of their being and use it for the basis of 99% of their arguments. Right?

Edited by JTrue
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

And besides, I can't imagine anyone would look back 10-20 years ago and cling to it with every fiber of their being and use it for the basis of 99% of their arguments. Right?

Kudos on that one 

• Upvote 1

Just now, puc86 said:

Kudos on that one 

I knew you'd find the humor in that one. 

spacer.png