• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What would the Bulls' FB uniform look like if...

Guest bullistic930

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566
  • Days Won:  0

I know when we changed the logo, they thought about white helmets, but doesnt a lot of "Green" teams have white helmets?? I could be wrong...

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

I'm tired of this discussion, I move to ban all uniform discussions.  The uniforms are at their highest point of evolution and cannot be improved, there for it is a waste of bandwith to continue talking about them.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Well, I could point to an ESPN2 poll, in which classic uniforms won pretty decisively over new ones: http://espn.go.com/page2/s/bracket/bestuniform/round5.html

Appropriately enough, the only "modern" look that did well, the pukey Denver Broncos, was found to be the result of ballot box stuffing. See http://espn.go.com/page2/s/hruby/031021.html

GQ's list of the best and worst almost exclusively puts classic looks in the best category: http://sev.prnewswire.com/magazines/20041018/NYM19918102004-1.html

Plenty of teams have scrapped "modern" looks to go back to "old", to the delight of fans: NY Islanders (remember the "Groton sea captain"?), SA Spurs, Phillies, NJ Nets, NY Jets, NY Giants, Detroit Pistons are a few that come to mind. The list of teams who had the good sense not to change in the first place is much longer.

Go to fan boards for any team in any sport, and ask their fan base if they want to keep the current look or change. If the team has any history, fan base, or success, the majority will not want to change the look. Hell, go to the Pitt board where most of their fans want to bring back the "script Pitt" helmets of days gone by.

So I'll stand by my assertion.

I suppose I would interpret things differently. First off I highly doubt an espn poll that a very very small portion of the population even knows exist is reflective of "most fans" I also don't see that it presents a picture that the classics are really preferred. To start with, if you look at the brackets for college there isn't even a modern uniform as an option so espn hasn't even given the modern uniforms a chance for a vote. Top it off there are two pro uniforms that are in the top four and one of them is the modern style which is a 50-50 preference to modern and classic style. One other is hockey and well all hockey uniforms are similar and the one college is michigan which has such an unusual helmet that it doesn't surprise me that it won....also mentioned there was no modern style to even chose for in this poll.

Now, all that said I happen to like some of each style. I like some modern uniforms and I like some classic uniforms and I'm not opposed to our team having either one as long as it isn't god awful. The only issue I had with your post is assuming most fans prefer the classy look which I find hard to believe considering the wild and crazy style of shirts and hats that people seem to demand from all the sporting goods outlets. My guess is that you will find strong supporters of both camps.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

I like some modern uniforms and I like some classic uniforms and I'm not opposed to our team having either one as long as it isn't god awful.

I agree with everything you said, but this particularly.

Gary, some teams (NY Jets, Islanders) can pull off the old school look for one reason, their new designs werent an improvement. In fact, in the Jets case, their "old" jerseys that they now wear look - to me - more modern than the Rich Kotite era uni's.

Look, as long as the uniforms look nice, who cares what style they are. The point of the post was to design them yourself. If it were up to me, we would go with a modern look.

Why, you ask?

MERCHANDISE SALES. If you're building a fan base, you have to start with the younger crowd. You just have to. Get the kids wearing the jerseys to school, begging their parents to take them to a game, etc.

Also, if you're going to change the uniforms, like USF did this year, shouldnt it be publicized?! The media were the 1st to know - when they showed up - to media day. USF was way behind the ball(as usual when it comes to these things) with this. They couldve marketed the "NEW Bulls going into the NEW Big East with NEW uniforms"............

......i'm rambling now.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  243

One thing we do need to change is the size of the lettering for player names. They don't stand out enough and they make our bigger players look smaller.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

Also, if you're going to change the uniforms, like USF did this year, shouldnt it be publicized?! The media were the 1st to know - when they showed up - to media day. USF was way behind the ball(as usual when it comes to these things) with this. They couldve marketed the "NEW Bulls going into the NEW Big East with NEW uniforms"

Once apon a time......wasn't there a massive thread about the new uni's, marketing, etc......

;) ;) ;)

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

......i'm rambling now.

Actually, we've all been rambling for quite some time. Anyway, we have a game this week, so I'm done with this topic.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Actually, we've all been rambling for quite some time. Anyway, we have a game this week, so I'm done with this topic.

well that's true....but then isn't all "fan" talk just rambling anyway?  :)

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

I remember when we had a post a while back asking about everyone's major and graduation year....I didn't remember seeing so many fashion design majors on that list.