• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

What would the Bulls' FB uniform look like if...

Guest bullistic930

Guest Jessica

I like your design. I think they definitely need to do away with the whole white on white thing! I think they should add a gold jersey to their ensemble...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

My white on white was ONLY if we MUST keep it. I want green or gold pants, badly.

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

I hate "armpit spikes." In fact, most of these new designs, with the random vertical and horizontal lines all over the place, ought to be taken out back and burned. They scream "XFL."

In fact, that Maryland photo is a great example of the fashion disaster that college football has become. It looks like a photo of an Iowa Barnstormers game, but the team helmets got stolen so they had to borrow some from a local high school.

The colors don't match, the patterns don't match, the lettering doesn't match. The helmet doesn't have the yellow trim that every other part of the uniform does. It's hideous.

It's very simple: if you're going to have modern uniforms, have modern helmets. If you're going to have classic helmets, have classic uniforms. Mixing and matching them is like wearing brown pants and a blue jacket.

Anyway, here's what the USF uniform should look like:

ns6.jpg

Why should it look like that? Because that's what it looked like in 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004.

College football is all about tradition. Appropriately, the best college football uniforms are the ones that never change. Michigan, Texas, Alabama, LSU, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Nebraska, Southern Cal, Penn State, Texas A&M. USF had a chance to have a permanent look for its football team, just by keeping the unique look they used from 97-04. Sadly, they threw it away.

Oh, and just for fun, here's my idea of what a retro Bulls football uniform might look like:

retrouni.jpg

This has been an interesting discussion... and I like the "retro" uniform, Gary.

I thought it would be interesting to send it to Jeff Parsons (Equipment Manager)...

Guest bullistic930

Jim, tell Mr. Parsons to give me a call - I'll be happy to act as a uniform consultant :) Plus, I work for free.  ;)

I agree with many of you...and to be fair to our current uniforms, there are many things I DO like. Im sure many of you agree.

1 - I LOVE the iconic U. People outside of USF are already recognizing it as a stand-alone symbol of the school. I have a khaki hat with the "U" on it...and when I ran into a friend back home in Georgia, they said "hey, that's USF!" All I could think was "sweeeeet" :)

2 - Our colors! Football seems to be dominated by certain colors...dark reds (a la FSU, S. Carolina, Miss State, Troy, Bama) navy blues (90% of the teams out there) and for some God awful reason, orange (Auburn, FAMU, Miami, UF, Clemson, Syracuse, etc).  A nice dark green is refreshing...and gold is the best highlight you can have for green I think. Agree our gold is a bit yellow, but at least we're going in the right direction!

3 - "The Bulls" -  I realize this is not football (or uniform) specific. However, let's play a game. Quick, how many college teams can you name that are the Bulls in ten seconds?  ....any? Now....how many are tigers, bulldogs, some form of indian, or eagles? Exactly. Besides being original, Bulls are an APPROPRIATE mascot for us. If you don't know why, then read "A Land Remembered" by Patrick Smith. (My fav book)

One thing I think we all agree on....now is a great time to be a BULL!!!!

-Griggsy

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Anyway, here's what the USF uniform should look like:

ns6.jpg

Why should it look like that? Because that's what it looked like in 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004.

The only problem with that is that the uniforms were UGLY in 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004.

I'm all for tradition, but let's at least have a solid starting point.

The only problem with that is that the uniforms were UGLY in 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004.

What's wrong with them? They're simple, classic, feature the team and school name prominently, are easy to read, and don't have "armpit spikes" or other bad design ideas.